diy solar

diy solar

Problems with Epever DR3210N

Matthew pleasant

Hi, i have 4x100w rigid panels in parallel on my boat roof and this system has been working well with a pv logic 15amp mppt controller, however it wasnt making full use of the available power so i upgrade to an epever DR3210N 30AMP mppt...

I dont think it works correctly as the panels are always reading 22v which is the voc, the current being pulled is only 3amps (if i refit the old one its pegged at 15amp immediately and the panel voltage is around 16-18v).

It seems it is not tracking the voltage and instead just letting the panels deliver at max volts, and also the amps on the display are wildly innacurate upto 3 times the actual.

This is the second controller as i returned the first thinking it was faulty...

Any ideas anyone im out of ideas and tempted to buy something else if it wasnt for the good reviews.

I think i have figured out whats going on...
Its capping the battery charge output at what it thinks is 30amps but because of the reading error it is only a few amps on the power supply, if i drop the input voltage the amps increase untill again it thinks its outputting 30 amps.

Looks like a firmware problem, but how could they miss that its huge, means i basically have a 10amp at best mppt.

Back