diy solar

diy solar

Proper Gauge For 2000W Renogy Inverter + 200AH 12v Battery?

I would also stay with the 60c rating. You could, as an alternative to 4/0, possibly use dual pairs of 2/0 cable from each battery terminal-connected bus. The paired cables would have extra capacity, in comparison to maximum input current of your "2000w rated" Inverter.

If high current does occur, you might have an issue with the BMS of the single "200Ah" battery. But the cables to the inverter would not be an issue.

hobby user?
The local shop unless you have a commercial account and purchase $1000s a year is usually a rip off for the hobby user. And how would I know that? When I was working for major HVAC/R companies and saw the prices they paid vs what I paid after retirement as a hobby user.

Dunno about rates at every welding shop, but my local shop was within 50 cents of online. With the bonus of being able to look and touch it. The "touch" factor was worth it given I could buy exactly the length I wanted and didn't get locked into 10, 25 or 50 foot online lengths.

I find local welding supply houses extremely over priced. I can purchase online and usually from either Amazon or eBay, much cheaper even shipped to my door. The local shop unless you have a commercial account and purchase $1000s a year is usually a rip off for the hobby user.
My experience as well. It was interesting to browse the store, but it was very obviously geared toward the professional welder, including the lady that laughed at me for calling it "wire" and not "cable".

My experience as well. It was interesting to browse the store, but it was very obviously geared toward the professional welder, including the lady that laughed at me for calling it "wire" and not "cable".
Well cables are for connecting welding tools to welding equipment. Wire is for welding with ;)

Back