diy solar

diy solar

Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Vega

Hey all!

I´m researching a good option for a small 12v set up.
I´m looking for a small pure sine inverter in the range of 600W.
I´ve been googling my brains out, and looked around on this forum:
But I have not yet seemed to find a simple suggestion as to a reliable source/brand to opt for.
Anyone out there with experience on the matter?
Price is of course of relevance, but I´d rather invest in quality, so it´s relative.

Lastly; Can I use a 110v inverter for my European 220v appliances?

Thanks a lot!

Not many PSW below 1000W.

Your EU spec 230VAC/50Hz devices need to be powered by the same. You can't use 110VAC/60Hz to power them unless they are switchable and capable of running on both.

Thank you both!
(I sent an email to Samlex to inquire about prices and shipping, as that was not apparent)

You may want to consider the Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct OR the MultiPlus 500VA-1600VA series. They are more sophisticated and reliable than most you'll find in the range you're looking for. Have a look at the datasheets below:

The Multiplus has an AC input and charging abilities. The Phoenix is just an inverter.

Where are you located? If in Europe, you may try one of the following distributors

Zerohomebills is cheaper generally:

Last edited:
Most likely 'Made in China' will be on any inverter you buy.
No point paying for a brand name when one of similar specs is sold under a generic label for 1/4 the price.
Cover yourself by buying from a reputable reseller and up your specs- if you think you need 600 watts buy the 1500w version!
Make sure it is pure sine wave. Sold as a pure sine wave model, pure sine wave on the box & pure sine wave on the case.

Last edited:
You may want to consider the Phoenix Inverter VE.Direct OR the MultiPlus 500VA-1600VA series. They are more sophisticated and reliable than most you'll find in the range you're looking for. Have a look at the datasheets below:

The Multiplus has an AC input and charging abilities. The Phoenix is just an inverter.
Great man! Thank you . I think this is just what I need.
I could not distinguish from my research, however, whether or not the charging aspect of the Multiplus means a solar charger or straight up battery charger from the grid? (In which case , does it go with all lithium chemistries?)
Cheers!

Great man! Thank you . I think this is just what I need.
I could not distinguish from my research, however, whether or not the charging aspect of the Multiplus means a solar charger or straight up battery charger from the grid? (In which case , does it go with all lithium chemistries?)
Cheers!
The Multiplus inverters that I linked to there are only AC input chargers, not PV chargers. Victron does have other models with PV charger controllers built-in however depending on your application, it's generally recommended to use one of their charge controllers installed separately.

They do support different types of lithium battery banks and have settings specific for lithium. They support lithium battery banks with built-in "protection" BMSs (Daly etc). They also support more advanced BMS units with communication where that that BMS sends instructions to the Victron system (charge/discharge voltage/current etc) This usually preferred but either work fine.

If you install the Victron Connect app, they have a demo section where you can see all the settings and how they work for the specific inverter or other device you are interested in before purchasing.

Back