diy solar

diy solar

PV array breaker/switch size?

Ours is a compact medium-size model from Walmart, with a 3-cup reservoir. I haven't looked at the label to determine the wattage. We'll turn it off when not actively making coffee.
A lot of electronics are coming without labels. For a lot of the Keurigs I saw for sale, I had to read reviews for people who measured them and take their word for it.

A lot of electronics are coming without labels. For a lot of the Keurigs I saw for sale, I had to read reviews for people who measured them and take their word for it.
Just be careful with connecting pos to one and neg to other and means of disconnect in too many spots. I have not drawn it out but can see a scenario where you open the wrong one first and produce 24 volt

Just be careful with connecting pos to one and neg to other and means of disconnect in too many spots. I have not drawn it out but can see a scenario where you open the wrong one first and produce 24 volt
If this is addressed to me, I'm unclear on what you're referring to. I will have a simple 2S2P array. 2 panels will be joined in series using the MC4 connectors on the leads provided by the manufacturer. 2 pairs will be joined in parallel using 2 MC4 2:1 Y-connectors. A single pair of cables will be routed from the roof to the SCC. The positive cable will have a 40A breaker inline.

I am referring to the batteries and fuses breakers and disconnects. I would not connect pos to load from one battery and neg to other and have multiple ways of breaking circuit if the wrong one opens you could produce 24 volts. Also if you separate your batteries you will need to Balance them aging before reconnecting parallel.

My connections between batteries will be simple parallel: pos to pos and neg to neg. I have only two. Load connections to pos and neg will be from pos on one and neg on the other. Those connections will go only to the catastrophic fuse (pos) and monitor shunt (neg). No cross connections will be possible.

I bought a Lithium-compatible Noco Genius charger to top off the individual batteries (when they arrive new) before connecting in parallel.

Back