diy solar

diy solar

PV Combiner box or disconnect box for Bluetti/EcoFlow units

adirondack_wanderer

I have 2Px6S solar panels going into 2 inputs on my Bluetti AC300, and I have another 2 strings of 3Px2S going into 2 inputs on my Ecoflow Delta 2 Max. Each of these inverter units are connected to transfer switches. I'm interested in putting in a PV disconnect or a Combiner box so I can shut off the panel input if I need to do any maintenance. I'm not clear on which product would best serve this purpose and I'd like some advice. It seems a combiner box would be for bringing all the parallel connections down to a shut off point and add breaker functionality. The PV disconnect boxes I've seen are similar just smaller in size. I'm also assuming I can't plug all the arrays into the MC4 connector of the combiner box because the panels feed two different inverter units, and the combiner box can only output to one inverter unit. Can anyone suggest a unit?

Also I'm concerned about breaker functionality with a combiner box or disconnect unit. I'd like to add additional parallel strings to over panel but this will increase the amperage for a string and likely exceed the 15A - 20A rating I've seen on most combiner box individual circuits. I don't want the fuses blowing just because the parallel amperage exceeds 20A but it's a cloudy day and I'm only getting 500W or something like that. Apologies if I'm mixing all this up - learning as I go.

diy solar

diy solar
Back