diy solar

diy solar

Pv pro and solark data useage

kelvinfpv

I'm looking for the cheapest possible 4g router / data only sim card combination possible but I need to figure out how much data I will require to use solar Assistant, pv pro, and whatever updates the solark may decide to pull. It's an off grid property about an hour away. I can probably do the updates from my phone hotspot when I'm there if I can opt to not have them download automatically and can easily switch networks when I'm ready to update. I'm assuming just monitoring data will be a pretty small amount. I might eventually add a security camera later but for the sake of this experiment I want to keep expansion creep to a minimum.

Monitoring does not use much data.
Updates are only automatic if you request it.
The normal process for getting updates is to email or call CS and request/schedule one.
You can also ask Sol-Ark how big the files are.

Monitoring does not use much data.
Updates are only automatic if you request it.
The normal process for getting updates is to email or call CS and request/schedule one.
You can also ask Sol-Ark how big the files are.
I just signed up for the t mobile test drive. Free for a month and they send you a router. I also picked up a tello sim card for 2$. So it looks like I should be able to monitor the system for 2$ in hardware and 6$ a month in data if the sim works.

Back