diy solar

diy solar

solark 15k pvpro and load side PV output integration

beastman

Hi,

I have an old SMA7000US connected to the load side of the solark15k and it's working great with sok batteries. The pvpro software does not show any estimates of pv production and the main screen on the solark does not know either. I do have an rs485 card in the sunny boy and was curious if it is possible to get this data reported in pvpro (i'm a newbie on this software). Otherwise it looks like solarassistant will be needed to grab all the data. Right now on the inverter since I have no dc inputs it only shows grid, battery and estimated load to the load breaker.

If I could somehow report the rs485 data from the sunny boy into the modbus of the solark, I am curious if there is any chance of getting the data to show up on the main screen. I have not called solark support to ask yet, but this would be very valuable information. I would think there would be a modbus register where data could possibly be reported into the solark. I can use a raspberry pi or arduino to pull/push the data over rs485 between the two units. Right now they are about 200' away from each other otherwise I'd just some 6awg wire direct it into the genport and it would work as expected on the screen over ac-coupling. Have not yet tested power shifting on the solark w/ SMA7000US.

If anyone has any feedback or better suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

beastman

Back