diy solar

diy solar

Pytes batteries and Sol Ark 15K

Leodoggie

I just passed final inspection in California for my Pytes E-Box 48100R and Sol Ark 15K combo, both the Pytes and sol ark tech people are telling me that keeping the batteries at 100% SOC for prolonged periods of time is just fine. I had built my own 16s lifepo4 with raw cells and kept it cycling between 20% and 80% SOC for the health of the batteries and also for the longevity. So my question is, has the conventional wisdom changed about this topic?

No, it has not.
Lithium based batteries do not like being held at 100% charge for long periods of time.

I just saw this thread and even though we talked about it, I thought I would document it here for the benefit of other readers. Nothing has changed about the conventional wisdom. 100% on my Pytes is actually a cell voltage of 3.5 according to the USB console monitoring I have been doing. My batteries begin discharging at 4PM so worse case they are at that voltage for four hours since they are usually at 100% by Noon. If you want to adjust it, change your percentage to 95% at 1PM but remember that Pytes recommends going to 100% occasionally to rest the SOC colomb counter. On days like today mine went from 45% to 100% by Noon.

Back