diy solar

diy solar

Quattro update and low voltage cutoff

Bluedog225

Texas
Good morning

I am fixing to head up to the place. But while I’ve got good Internet connection I wanted to ask two questions. First, should I update the software on my Quattro? It is configured as it was originally configured when I bought it from currentconnected.com. Or is it fine to leave it alone?

Second what’s involved in changing the low voltage shut down? it is currently set at 48 V and I’d like to move it up to the low 50s. Is this something I can easily do from my iPhone app? I have the cerbo gx if that matters.

The only internet out there is the iPhone hotspot.

When I have more time, I’ll do a deeper dive on research, but I thought I’d do a quick check in here to see if it was something that was easy to handle. Many thanks.

Does the cerbo have network connection? Or only while you’re there with a WiFi hotspot?

You need windows based victron software to create a config file with new settings that you upload to the Quattro. This can be done with a laptop and the Mk3 USB dongle.

I believe you can also update the config file remotely via the Cerbo that is if the cerbo has network connection.

No reason to update unless the updates have some new feature that you want.

You can use the demo library in Victron Connect to find your way around the settings in your device without being connected to the device, and without actually making changes to the device. I find it handy to familiarize with new gear before making changes.

A couple videos from utube university giving you some options.

I think the short of it is you need a laptop with the Mk3 dongle to really deep dive into settings modifications.

Thanks! I’ll watch these when I get back to civilization. It will be a little unfortunate if I have to buy a laptop to change the low voltage cutoff. Seems like something that would be available in the app.

No reason to update unless the updates have some new feature that you want.

You can use the demo library in Victron Connect to find your way around the settings in your device without being connected to the device, and without actually making changes to the device. I find it handy to familiarize with new gear before making changes.

That was a great idea. I see the low voltage shutdown button but I don’t see where I get to input the number I want it to use. E.g.: 51 volts.

IMG_0875.png

IMG_0875.png

IMG_0876.png

Sorry if I’m being dense.

I can click on and change the % but I don’t see where it gives me a base voltage. That is, I don’t see where I could enter 51 volts for example.

IMG_0877.png

I think you want "DC Input low-shutdown" and click on that number to enter the voltage you want.

You are clicking on SOC, State of Charge, which is percentage, not voltage.

I think you want "DC Input low-shutdown" and click on that number to enter the voltage you want.

You are clicking on SOC, State of Charge, which is percentage, not voltage.
Thanks.

Got it. That makes sense. For some reason, I’d convinced myself that “DC input low-shutdown” was related to solar input instead of battery.

Though it’s not clear to me why they have a “Low state of charge shutdown” as well.

Unless it is just a fine tune for the “DC input low-shutdown.” To give you a range.

you can use either voltage or SOC. whatever works for you.
Right.

Doesn’t state of charge need to be based on a set point for voltage.

I’m not seeing where “low soc shutdown” as a percentage is getting its base number from.

Maybe it relates back to the “Float voltage”?

Interesting. So it’s based on how many amp hours you define? I.e.: 400 amp hours for my four 100 amp hour 48 volt rack batteries?

I would have thought “low SOC shutdown” had to be based on a voltage.

Or I’m missing the setting. I don’t see a voltage set point when “full.”

IMG_0883.png

"State of charge when bulk finished" should calibrate it?

I use a BMV 712 to measure battery capacity, so I don't use the built in battery monitor. It has been a while so I don't remember why, but I seem to recall something about the built in wasn't real accurate because the built in only counts what goes through the inverter?

I have some DC loads too so the separate shunt/monitor is better for me.

diy solar

diy solar
Back