diy solar

diy solar

Question 3S 2P and pictures of crates

IME the difference in setup is inconsequential provided you get the power you need. Once MPPT efficiency algorithm is balanced with number of panels, battery capacity, and panel orientation, its not all that important,

For my solar build, 3S3P is better, but perhaps not for the algorithm. Perhaps at twice the charging voltage, I’d get between one and ten percent more efficiency. I THINK I got those numbers from a Victron SCC manual, and I think an ideal setup made between only 1% to 2% better efficiency.

I have a 24 volt 1200 wh lithium battery bank with a 300 watt load which I start a couple hours before sunrise. I have this load on from five to ten hours, so I don’t have the battery capacity to last the day Without the solar charging it. WIth nine 100 watt panels, to use all 9, I can only do 3S3P. I could go 4S2P and leave one panel off, but found that my battery can become lower than I want if I have two strings of panels set up early in the day.

Got a total of 135ah today. Is that normal? Good?
I would say very good for 600 watts of panels producing in one of the shortest days of the year producing 3.2 kw of power. That is similar to the 900 watts of panels made 4.9 kwh of power.

To get that much, I had to move those panels to the east in the morning, south at noon, and West later in the day.

All depends on when you were done charging also. I was done a by two or three with two to three hours of good sun left I could have made more, but the batteries were full at that point.

Windy day today got an extra amp out of it

Attachments

• IMG_20220122_124008.jpg
    IMG_20220122_124008.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 5
Back