diy solar

diy solar

Question about this inverter 3000w puresine motomaster

Jmad

Hey guys, hoping to get some answers on a simple question I’d assume.
Am I able to connect red to red black to black post then run one Lin off the inverter to a single terminal post set where my 4/0 wires will run to battery’s/ fusing

Attachments

• B5FAE8F8-A91B-4408-9DA7-0F72B91EA33A.jpeg
    B5FAE8F8-A91B-4408-9DA7-0F72B91EA33A.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 0C39ACE5-F8A4-4095-9EF0-29263D97FFB7.jpeg
    0C39ACE5-F8A4-4095-9EF0-29263D97FFB7.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 7
I guess my question is what’s the purpose of two pos and two negative terminals, I am trying to cut down on wire and make it look clean, my plan to to bring both posts to one post, then I got thinking why not just have black to black on inverter and red to red, then one lead off red and one off black, minimizing the mess to the posts I will mount on the board to connect fuse and wires to charger n battery, any thought or suggestions, just disassembled my setup today... which was heart breaker but after watching will for many months I determined my setup could use some work, I am semi building his version of the 400 watt system, just awaiting the rest of the components from amazon... and man 4/0 wire can be pricey eh. Thanks again guys glad to finally find a forum that’s awesome

What voltage is this inverter? I can’t read it on the picture.

The likely purpose of using four wires total is to carry the current safely.

Sorry I totally forgot to mention it’s a 12VOLT inverter, if I use 4/0 wire it will be ok right? Is it ok to over gauge your wiring?

Most likely the dual posts are because the wiring inside the inverter is small, and they need both posts to carry the 250+Amps the inverter can draw.
Most single batteries cannot handle such high current either... I hope you have this tied to at least two paralleled batteries.

Overguaging is never a bad thing (except for the cost).

Good point about the inside wire size and my only other thought is that double the terminals gives you double the contact surface area. You can run it on one set and check for heat generation both at the terminals and at the inside wires IF you are very careful.

Most likely the dual posts are because the wiring inside the inverter is small, and they need both posts to carry the 250+Amps the inverter can draw.
Most single batteries cannot handle such high current either... I hope you have this tied to at least two paralleled batteries.

As of now I am just using a single deepcycle battery, Intil I finish building everything, and I am not running anything crazy off of it, last season I used it for my trailer and I only use it for running my lights, which I swapped out and everything is led like 7 w bulbs and maybe charging iPads, and I hardly even run it, I have solar lights that pretty much do the job to provide lighting. I m planning on upgrading my batteries slowly as I can afford, i would like to diy it like wills examples of the 3.2cells or maybe the 100ah battlebornes but I need to save up, it would be ideal if someday I had enough of a system to run my trailer furnace, that would be nice, I am in Canada and it would allow me to prolong my stay without resorting to a mr buddy heater which I don’t feel safe using after all the info I’ve seen on YouTube, I don’t know how much of a system I would need for that though so maybe one day I’ll get to that point.

So as you say about the inside wiring being small in the inverter I’m using 4/0 wire from 4 posts to 2 then to battery,
To maintain a clean look would I be safe to connect on the inverter posts positive to positive neg to neg, then a single wire from each, eliminating four wires coming from inverter to only two.
Thanks guys

As of now I am just using a single deepcycle battery, Intil I finish building everything, and I am not running anything crazy off of it, last season I used it for my trailer and I only use it for running my lights, which I swapped out and everything is led like 7 w bulbs and maybe charging iPads, and I hardly even run it, I have solar lights that pretty much do the job to provide lighting. I m planning on upgrading my batteries slowly as I can afford, i would like to diy it like wills examples of the 3.2cells or maybe the 100ah battlebornes but I need to save up, it would be ideal if someday I had enough of a system to run my trailer furnace, that would be nice, I am in Canada and it would allow me to prolong my stay without resorting to a mr buddy heater which I don’t feel safe using after all the info I’ve seen on YouTube, I don’t know how much of a system I would need for that though so maybe one day I’ll get to that point.

So as you say about the inside wiring being small in the inverter I’m using 4/0 wire from 4 posts to 2 then to battery,
To maintain a clean look would I be safe to connect on the inverter posts positive to positive neg to neg, then a single wire from each, eliminating four wires coming from inverter to only two.
Thanks guys
Hard to say.
I would rather a pair of positives and negatives common lugged equal length...

Back