diy solar

diy solar

Quick Math Check Propane vs Natural Gas

We had a large tornado in the town I work in about 10 years ago. The number of customers who couldn't comprehend why their generators had no fuel was maddening. The pipelines were destroyed, the gas service is turned off to the town. Unless you can locate a propane tank your generac is dead in the water
Goderich?

It's almost back to normal now, just seeing the same decline all the other small local towns are.
but if they stay the course and make californium poor it might become a desirable place to migrate to again. The climate is nice for sure.

We've installed hundreds of them, and pick up new ones to service every year. As a home standby generator you can't match them for the money. Miles ahead of Briggs, half the price of Kohler

You can make a lot of money selling and servicing them
Same with the Cummins home units

They do their job but they are tested to do what they are called on
Lots of Chinese parts inside

A Wisconsin kubota Isuzu Onan j range ford lima…. I could go on….
All turn half the speed hold twice the oil
All are very conservative in their ratings

The light standby units are delicate things
Prone to breakdown fast to wear out and often scrapped out because parts quickly become unavailable

But the light units are cheap
Very inexpensive and they have put a sizeable home back generator in the affordability range of almost every home owner

But in days past a home back up unit might be an Onan you were looking at something that might cost as much as a small car

To the end you get what you pay for
Your mileage may vary

Last edited:
You can make a lot of money selling and servicing them
Same with the Cummins home units

They do their job but they are tested to do what they are called on
Lots of Chinese parts inside

A Wisconsin kubota Isuzu Onan j range ford lima…. I could go on….
All turn half the speed hold twice the oil
All are very conservative in their ratings

The light standby units are delicate things
Prone to breakdown fast to wear out and often scrapped out because parts quickly become unavailable

But the light units are cheap
Very inexpensive and they have put a sizeable home back generator in the affordability range of almost every home owner

But in days past a home back up unit might be an Onan you were looking at something that might cost as much as a small car

To the end you get what you pay for
Your mileage may vary

I use the Champion generator that I have 8.5kw, standby for about 50 hours per year, namely only in Oct-Jan. I run it at 50% load 60hz just to charge the batteries when they need a boost. I also have a portable genny and another inverter that I use to charge batteries when the fuel is cheaper (Free from salvage cars)

Back