diy solar

diy solar

RE+ solar conference is fast approaching! What new products or booths are you interested in?

Will Prowse

Forum Owner
Staff member
RE+ is a massive solar conference. I've gone to it for a few years now, and it keeps getting better! This year it is happening in Las Vegas.

For those of you attending, what are you most excited to see?

If you are not attending, what do you think I should check out or get coverage on?

This years RE+ vendor list can be found below. Everyone seems to be going this year!

Vendor list: https://spi23.mapyourshow.com/8_0/explore/exhibitor-gallery.cfm?featured=false

To see pictures I took of the event, skip to this post: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/r...ooths-are-you-interested-in.68347/post-872916

Last edited:
I'd love for you to visit the Schneider booth.

2 reasons
1) See if you can get some review hardware.. Would love to see you review their XW pro based system
2) I'd love to know if they are planning on an EV charge controller that works with the XW Pro/Insight system, to only charge the EV from excess solar when the home batteries are topped off. (They have said they are releasing one for the new inverter series, but I'm more interesting in the XW/Insight setup.. Hopefully they aren't planning to reduce (or stop altogether) support for the "legacy" stuff when the new stuff is released.

I really have no idea what to suggest.
But I'm sure that if you find something interesting. Most of us will too.

Pytes (no affiliation) has a new server rack battery (the V5°) which theoretically has UL9540 certification with Sol-Ark inverters, a 1C discharge rate, and built-in heaters... AFAIK the first server rack battery with all of those, which is very exciting for those of us up in Canada ??, where the local authorities require UL9540. I'd love to see more about that!

I am attending. The item I'm most interested in is the REPT 340ah wending cells. Although there are so many other things I am interested in seeing as well.

I hope Discover Battery has one of their server racks on display.

I'm pretty sure it'll end up too expensive for me to consider though, even if it's aggressively priced by their standards.

According to another post, SMA is apparently discontinuing Sunny Boy in favor of SMA Energy. Can you verify this? And let ‘em know that the off grid folks aren’t too pleased.

Looking forward to your report!
Mebbe you should get yourself a booth/table. Promote the forum, meet some members and the public.
Too far for me, unfortunately.

Load controllers like sol-ark had planned, but no longer listed.

Micro inverters, other than enphase.

Solar shingles that cover the entire roof (like tesla and luma?).

Something that can connect to a car's high voltage battery to recharge during extended grid down (hybrid, phev - ice keeps battery charged)

Last edited:
Anyone showing off Sodium Ion batteries, and any BMS manufacturers showing off BMS's for said cells?
Besides CATL, non of the big sodium ion player are going. Otherwise the only other one in my notes is Topband. They have a 33mm dia 9ah sodium cell.

I think you should make it a point to check out the SRNE booth and see if you can get some equipment to test. I just commissioned their 10kw AIO last night (I have a thread about it) and I'm impressed so far. You could almost buy a handful for the price of one Lux 12k.

I would be interested in seeing USA based lifepo4 or other, cell manufactures and how they are progressing. Have them setup a separate login on their websites for forum members to place discounted orders. Thanks.

Also, any good quality BMS gear.

Wow, no shortage of sponsors:

Hoping more people will be putting their brilliant minds to work on efficiently storing solar energy gathered in summer for use in the winter. Efficient and cost effective ability to convert heat back to electricity might be part of the equation? Micro community or single family systems would be exciting.

I would love to get manufacturer's take on the DIY market (level of interest), as well as comments on UL9540 from the LFP integrators. I really want a UL9540 Trophy 300Ah (or similar) that I can stack 4 of on end below my inverter and still have a compact setup.

Flow battery for multiple days of storage capacity. One 5kW converter with a shed full of storage. Direct to 48v (nominal) to charge LiFePO4 batteries would work.

LiFePO4 batteries low, move some energy from the Flow battery.
LiFePO4 battery at 80%, start charging the Flow battery.

Back