diy solar

diy solar

RE+ solar conference is fast approaching! What new products or booths are you interested in?

Find out why Fortress Power seem to have a hard on about every one else competing against them LOL.
Honestly, they came across as right pricks at the Miami show.
I said to everyone I talked to, that there is plenty of business to go around during this new solar PV boom.

Another thing that seems weird at a show, is a company turning up with no actual product just glossy paperwork. Why bother ?

Find out why Fortress Power seem to have a hard on about every one else competing against them LOL.
Honestly, they came across as right pricks at the Miami show.
I said to everyone I talked to, that there is plenty of business to go around during this new solar PV boom.

Another thing that seems weird at a show, is a company turning up with no actual product just glossy paperwork. Why bother ?
I wish I had known you were there! Would have liked to meet you in person.

I did see the Fortress rep do 50 push-ups pretty easily. That was impressive at least.

I would like to know what new American made (not rebadged/minor tweaked foreign) PV power electronic products are actually available to buy now?

One more thing in general that I would love to get insight on is what trends in products hitting the market in the next 6-12 months we should be anticipating. I'm not at all interested in things like Span or fully-integrated and locked down systems... but things that are better tailored to what "we" have been asking for or needing for a long time.

Things like the EG4 PDP for the 6000/6500, the 18kPV (and the SolArk 15k) and subsequently the wireway and new battery form factor all address core shortcomings with previous products; it would be nice to understand what similar opportunities manufacturers see for their product lines.

I wish I had known you were there! Would have liked to meet you in person.
Likewise it would have been good to meet you too, I had all intentions of coming back on Thursday but I may have stayed in the bar a little too long at the hotel the night before and got up late and decided to beat the traffic.

Do they have cute woman hawking wares like at most trade shows? That has my vote for pics :)
Probably no longer PC but I remember referring to them as Booth Babes. Generally the prettier they were the more you had to be careful about what they were promoting. Like the "Win an all expense vacation to Hawaii" contest entry. Was great fun to find I had won ("Are you sitting down?" , the Boiler room caller asked me to tell me I was a lucky Winner) though I declined to accept.

Do they have cute woman hawking wares like at most trade shows? That has my vote for pics :)
Well that would depend on your type of woman, but there were certainly a few from the far East looking for a green card LOL

Oh just noticed sungold will be there. Please visit their booth !
Yeah definitely go and see them, they seem to be one of the companies that have more traction in the business and do a very good job at advertising. They haven't quite hit it with the equipment yet but one good unit and I think they will be flying.

Don't know if it would be profitable - but perhaps convince someone like Victron to sell high-power 10A or higher "single-cell" nominal 3.2v chargers for LFP diy'ers. Maybe with a selectable 3.5 / 3.6 / 3.65v cv. Even cooler would be an adjustable tail-current disconnect. And put them on Amazon.

Only because many first time diy'ers don't really handle bench supplies well. :) And for those who don't want to cycle their homebrew bank with wildly out of balance cells 20 times for the bms bleeders to work on that initial balance.

Put 'em on Amazon and make them inexpensive enough that people would use them.

Maybe some on site interviews regarding potential upcoming products if permitted.

Last edited:
Don't know if it would be profitable - but perhaps convince someone like Victron to sell high-power 10A or higher "single-cell" nominal 3.2v chargers for LFP diy'ers. Maybe with a selectable 3.5 / 3.6 / 3.65v cv. Even cooler would be an adjustable tail-current disconnect. And put them on Amazon.

Put 'em on Amazon and make them inexpensive enough that people would use them.
Did you seriously use Victron and Inexpensive in the same statement? :LOL:

In other news, take lots of pics so we can live vicariously through you.

Back