diy solar

diy solar

Really cheap LifePo4 Battery (Is it Real?)

If you look into the manual provided by @the_colorist it does list quite a lot of specs.
This also matches the datasheet as @snoobler pointed out.

One thing I noticed: it isn't talking about Lithium-ion, but about Lithium-IRON.

More interesting is page 39. That page lists the default parameters for the cells.

For its alarm triggers
Single cell LV = 2.6V
Single cell HV = 3.8V

And the actual protection thresholds are 2.0V / 3.9V.

These values do match LiFePO4.

Li-ion is 3.7V, and charging up to 4.2V. So if it were Li-ion, it wouldn't work with the default settings? Looks much more like LiFePO4 to me.

For the price, the raw cells are much cheaper, but its very likely these are much better matched and aren't A- or B-graded cells. Also, including a (by the looks decent) BMS and nice mountable case I think $500 is a pretty good deal if you take the whole package in consideration.
I think this $500 unit is much better quality (both case/bms) as better cells than most commonly DIY builds using cheaper grey market cells.

You might be able to access the BMS also, or at least read its parameters since RS232 and RS485 are pretty common. You can hookup a rPI or similar and build your own display. Worth a try to see if the BMS for example puts out anything usable.
If its a Pylontech, you might try https://www.photovoltaikforum.com/thread/118958-pylontech-us2000b-daten-über-konsole-rs232-auslesen/?t=118958&start=10

View attachment 32770
Those are not ideal protection numbers for LFP, but they would destroy NMC

Nmc/LiPolymer as you are calling it Lion… (all Lithium based batteries are Lithium Ion… ) have a minimum voltage swing to 3.0V… below that is damaging. With a maximum voltage of 4.2V, above which can cause explosion…
So, 3.9 to 2.0V would be for LFP LiFePO4, but again, not ideal numbers.

Back