diy solar

diy solar

Recharging a Power Supply

Walleye Hunter

I bought a portable power supply so I'll have some power at my primitive camp and I want to connect some solar panels to it for charging. It is a 2000W power supply and the specs call for not more than 48V input through the solar connector. I am not finding anything regarding maximum wattage though. I am as green as it gets with this thing so forgive my ignorance if my questions seem stupid. What would be the best way to charge this thing with solar panels? I expect that at least some of them will have to be connected in parallel and maybe some in series (I am aware of the differences on this). This camp is in the woods with a small clearing that lets sun through and I know that I'll need more panels than I would if I had no trees. I'm hoping that I can start small and add panels as I see how I do. I am also prepared if this whole mission flops and I need a bigger clearing to accomplish anything. Will I have any trouble finding harnesses to connect multiple panels in parallel? What hardware is recommended?

Thanks for the help,
Mark

Back