diy solar

diy solar

Reducing ferrule

Not commercial. Just my house and two EV's.
Designing for 40kw. But, I think that I can get by with 30.

Not commercial. Just my house and two EV's.
Designing for 40kw. But, I think that I can get by with 30.
I'm just not used to such stratospheric numbers. At my house, I generally consume less than 400 kW-h per month. :cool:

OK, mild climate and natural gas for heat and hot water.

One comment for folks to remember... if the wire doesn't fit in the terminal, there probably isn't proper wire bending space either. The thick stranded ferrules for fine strand wire are one thing, but usually the reducing pins cause more problems than they solve.

One comment for folks to remember... if the wire doesn't fit in the terminal, there probably isn't proper wire bending space either. The thick stranded ferrules for fine strand wire are one thing, but usually the reducing pins cause more problems than they solve.
Yes, a thin-stranded wire solution. a scenario where I need them is with RVs as you are often limited to low voltage which forces higher amps and large wires. And in the RV environment, you definitely should be using thin strands.

1659154421066.png
These are used on MCBs.
I can combine multiple wires inside a single terminal lug, or multiple of these terminal lugs in a single MCB port.
But obviously the cross section area is very reduced.

OK. So I was trying to see if it was possible to fit 4 awg onto the Midnite Classic 150. I was able to barely fit 6 awg.

This morning I was on the Midnite forum. One user stated he had success with #4 AWG THHN Stranded cable.

diy solar

diy solar
Back