diy solar

diy solar

Remote Battery Voltage Sensor

Florth

My Tracer 6415AN 60 amp controller arrived without a wire for the remote battery voltage sensor and the manual barely addresses it. Should it have been included? If not, can someone point me to a resource for this, either a link to buy one or a "how to" link to make a proper one. The manual just refers to the RBVS port, without any clarification that I can find.

I have searched high and low but come up empty, so any guidance or clarification would be greatly appreciated.

My controller's state of charge indication, and other charging parameters, on the MT50 meter keep jumping around which is not reassuring. I decided to postpone this concern until after I have resolved the main reason for this post, as they may be related.

I already posted this on the DYI thread, but no replies so I'm trying again here. I hope this doesn't violate any posting rules.

Great question Florth.....I am having the same problem and can't seem to get an answer either.

For the SCC, my SCCs sense the battery voltage from the battery port. The SCCs do have an option for a temperature sensor to be added So chargino voltage can automatically be adjusted.

Battery voltage sense leads allow the solar charge controller to compensate for voltage drop along the charge leads.
Because there is no current on the sense leads they can give an accurate measurement of battery voltage at the battery terminals.
In many cases they are optional.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Seems like any wire lying around would work if it fits in the terminal. I have a shunt that measures voltage that did not provide the wire andI used 16 AWG, which is pretty small, and that barely fit the Shunt Terminal.

Did anybody get this working? I installed sense wire on myu 5415AN but never saw a change in behavior.

Back