diy solar

diy solar

Remote monitoring with Daly BMS?

apctjb

Solar Enthusiast
What would be the simplest method (for layman) to set up remote monitoring of a Daly BMS? It appears the Daly supports Bluetooth, UART, Canbus but not Wifi.

Was hoping to be able to monitor my battery when away, and unfortunately don't have a background in building a communications method.

How have others approached this?

you going to need an additional device. solar assistant ? home assistant with esphome daly extension ?

you going to need an additional device. solar assistant ? home assistant with esphome daly extension ?

Thanks; I am not familiar with either of these, can you point me in the right direction.

Ok, Solar Assistant looks great for monitoring Growatt but the question was is there an off the shelf monitoring solution that works with the Daly BMS. I checked out ESPHome but does not look like a user friendly solution for someone without a deep background in communications protocols and hardware.

Was hoping there was something simpler available. The Daly has a phone app (Bluetooth), dumb question , but is there an app that allows you to view another app remotely? Could I have a phone on site running the Daly App and access that phone remotely using an APP on another phone?

Ok, Solar Assistant looks great for monitoring Growatt but the question was is there an off the shelf monitoring solution that works with the Daly BMS. I checked out ESPHome but does not look like a user friendly solution for someone without a deep background in communications protocols and hardware.

Was hoping there was something simpler available. The Daly has a phone app (Bluetooth), dumb question , but is there an app that allows you to view another app remotely? Could I have a phone on site running the Daly App and access that phone remotely using an APP on another phone?
did you see this ?

is there an app that allows you to view another app remotely?
Obviously I live under a rock and out of touch with modern world. It appears there a lots of apps that allow you to remotely access one phone on another. So question is has anyone tried this with the Daly APP?

Back