diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 2000 inverter/charger

KnobbyRider

Ok so this may be waaaaay stupid but you guys have been gentle so far.
I thought that when I hooked up to shore power , my 110 outlets that usually only work when inverter is on. Automatically switched over to shore power without turning the inverter on.
Clear as mud I am sure.
I just don’t want to turn the inverter on when hooked up to shore power. My sail boat worked like that so I just presumed this would as well.

definitely turnoff your inverter power when hooked upto shore to be safe, unless its wired like s rv system ,whereas they have s built in switch over to shore power (which i doubt)

definitely turnoff your inverter power when hooked upto shore to be safe, unless its wired like s rv system ,whereas they have s built in switch over to shore power (which i doubt)
Unfortunately that did not answer my concerns:(

When on shore power does the Renogy 2000 inverter have to be turned ON in order to charge batteries and have my ac outlets on shore power.

I have an AIMS 1500 MSW inverter/charger with an automatic relay. There is a separate switch for the inverter and a separate switch for the charger. With both switches off, shore power passes through to whatever is plugged into the AC outlets. If shore power goes out and the inverter is off, power from the battery bank does nothing. The inverter has to be on to use power from the battery bank.

Not sure if the Renogy operates the same way or not.

I have the Renogy 2000 watt inverter/charger and the only way I can get it to work on shore power is to turn it on. I called Renogy customer service and they confirmed that it must be turned on to work. Apparently the darn thing must be on for the AC passthrough to work. Honestly, I would not have bought it had I known that up front.

I have the Renogy 2000 watt inverter/charger and the only way I can get it to work on shore power is to turn it on. I called Renogy customer service and they confirmed that it must be turned on to work. Apparently the darn thing must be on for the AC passthrough to work. Honestly, I would not have bought it had I known that up front.
Ya kinda silly for sure. Does not make any sense to me. It works well just hate turning it on when I wish to charge my batteries. I also went to a power bar from shore power then to the inverter. So if I hook up to shore power I can just use the power bar for my house outlets without turning inverter on.

Back