diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 3000w inverter charger bluetooth ability?

managhbeg

Hi all,

I've just built my first DIY solar system in my first campervan conversion. I can't find any information on whether the 3000w Renogy Inverter/Charger can be used with the Bluetooth-2 module to link with the app?

I have the Renogy DC-DC MPPT installed with 2 x 200w 12v renogy panels in parallel and it works with the Bluetooth module to monitor charging from solar and alternator. I'd like to be able to monitor the inverter side too.

System is setup as:
  • 2 x 200 watt 12v renogy panels (in parallel)
  • 50a Renogy DC-DC mppt
  • 2 x 12v 200ah kepworth lithium batteries (in parallel)
  • 3000w renogy inverter / charger for AC power

If it makes you feel any better, I have switched from Renogy to Victron and all my Victron devices connect via Bluetooth. My inverter's additional functionality via Bluetooth is pretty boring. I mean it makes it possible (not possible without BT) to adjust the ECO-mode settings, which I definitely had to do to get the ECO-mode to work with my fridge properly. Other than that, it will show me how many watts the inverter is outputting under load, which is kinda cool, but I can do that also with a kill-a-watt meter. It's cool to be able to not need to use the kill-a-watt and instead just see it on my phone, but meh. Now the charge controller on the other hand, THAT is amazing what it shows me, especially in terms of historical data.

Back