diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 48V 3500 Error code 20 (inverter over temp).... Except its freezing outside

hipringles

Solar Enthusiast
Hi all. Lost power in the house and was going to go crash in the van with the off-grid system. Except when I fired up my inverter (the lovely renogy), its giving err 20 which the spec says is over temp.... The kicker is its 27 degrees outside.

I've tried power cycling it multiple times, remove all AC loads, etc but with no luck... somewhat at a loss of what to do. Any suggestions or do we think its just... dead?

Perhaps is a faulty temp sensor / circuit inside on the main board of the unit. Is the case itself warm or same cold temp as ambient temp?

You could trying pinging Renogy Support and see if they are aware of some kind of known issue or workaround associated with that error code?

Perhaps is a faulty temp sensor / circuit inside on the main board of the unit. Is the case itself warm or same cold temp as ambient temp?

You could trying pinging Renogy Support and see if they are aware of some kind of known issue or workaround associated with that error code?
Looks like the warning is also for low temp? I turned on the van and blasted the heat for 20 minutes and the error cleared lol

Back