diy solar

diy solar

Renogy 500 amp battery monitor

Nesto514Rides

Good morning, I have a question about the Renogy 500 amp battery monitor that I use. I just install my system or at least I start just started using my system this past Thursday, which was two days ago from this posting. My question is on the monitor. What is the highest reading that the time remaining will read? The reason why I am asking this is because I have a 200 amp hour lithium battery, the battery percentage, and the depiction of the battery with how many amp hours remain seem to be correct. The battery voltage, the amp draw, and the watt usage all seem to be correct as well, however, the time remaining has not moved from 99 hours and 59 minutes unless I am using a lot of power. My theory is that that number is the highest the battery monitor will register. I am speculating at this point that once my battery percentage drops below 50%, the time remaining will start to go down. The reason why I think this, is because I’m currently drawing about one amp, and with a time remaining of 99 hours and 59 minutes, that put it roughly at 100 amp hours. If this is incorrect, please let me know, and I would really like to know what the correct answer is so it doesn’t bug me anymore in a case and anybody else asks. Thank you and I hope this question is received well.

I don't know, but I would agree with your assessment.
After 2 full days of run time the battery percentage went below 50% overnight and the battery amp-hours reflected that. I connected my 12 volt refrigerator, based on amp draw and watts being used, I’ve calculated and agree the remaining battery charge shown on the battery monitor is correct. I don’t believe the battery remaining charge reads beyond 99 hours and 59 minutes on the battery monitor but will change when more amps are drawn. I’m speculating once I start to charge my battery, tomorrow night it will increase.

Back