diy solar

diy solar

Renogy Customer support problems

KnobbyRider

Is anyone having any luck with Renogy customer support? I have put in tickets, reached out by messenger with zero luck. I kinda feel like this guy
Hope this link works. I feel his pain

Wow, what a video. I too try to contact them via a case snd they eventually got back to me via email. It was a pre sale product inquiry though. What kind of question were you asking?

Wow, what a video. I too try to contact them via a case snd they eventually got back to me via email. It was a pre sale product inquiry though. What kind of question were you asking?
Wellllll
It all started when they shipped me the wrong battery. That was solved by me spend an additional $600
Then I have inverter charger issues( still not resolved)
And latest is the Bluetooth unit and the app along with the wired monitor unit
All Renogy products. Pretty disappointed since everyone (including Will) talks so highly of them and their products.
Day three of waiting for them to get back to me. Grrrrrr

I never got that far with renogy yet but am considering their batteries. One thing I don’t like about them is that they don’t have an actual live phone you can call. Their ticket interface seems so intimidating. You can try filling a ticket in other counteries. My ticket was filled on the UK site and I got a pretty prompt response. Maybe the US folks are overloaded?

I returned my 3000w inverter because it blew up on power up. I was able to return it after several emails, but after several months of nothing heard i had to make a phone call. sat on hold for half an hour. Had to explain the whole problem again. they lost my ticket and the inverter. After almost a hour on the phone they finally agreed to send me another inverter. Make the phone call and be in front of your computer and be prepared to resend all your emails to them. otherwise they will play email tag and you will get nothing done. Phone number for California is 909-287-7111

I returned my 3000w inverter because it blew up on power up. I was able to return it after several emails, but after several months of nothing heard i had to make a phone call. sat on hold for half an hour. Had to explain the whole problem again. they lost my ticket and the inverter. After almost a hour on the phone they finally agreed to send me another inverter. Make the phone call and be in front of your computer and be prepared to resend all your emails to them. otherwise they will play email tag and you will get nothing done. Phone number for California is 909-287-

I returned my 3000w inverter because it blew up on power up. I was able to return it after several emails, but after several months of nothing heard i had to make a phone call. sat on hold for half an hour. Had to explain the whole problem again. they lost my ticket and the inverter. After almost a hour on the phone they finally agreed to send me another inverter. Make the phone call and be in front of your computer and be prepared to resend all your emails to them. otherwise they will play email tag and you will get nothing done. Phone number for California is 909-287-7111
Actually I think that number is picked up by their phone support group in the Philippines. They are helpful but the wait is horrible.
if our boarder was open I would head to California and park in their lot and drop off all the gear I purchased.

I wrote Renogy for a replacement part and received no response. Called waiting on hold 45 minutes a week later and was told I had to send a picture and copy of receipt so I did. No response so I called again a week later (with long hold) and was told it was on the way. Two weeks later it arrived but it was for another model not mine (which was very clear). Called again (with long hold) and was told I had to send a picture of the wrong item they had sent so I did. Received no response so I called back a week later (long hold) and was told it was on the way. Nothing happened again. A week later I called (long hold) and was again asked to send a picture. They looked and agreed that I had sent it already and would ship the part out in 24-48 hrs. That was almost 5 days ago. Sigh.

If it all fails, you can issue a charge back through the credit card company, but try to work it out with them first.

Soooooo after waiting ten days for some sort of response from Renogy the following is their response.

Thank you for contacting Renogy and sharing with us your story. We are sorry to hear that. Understanding were you at we normally recommend resetting the charge controller. This will allow the components of the system to refresh the connection in your setup.

You may follow the steps below.

-Disconnect the solar panel wires from the PV terminals of the charge controller.
-Disconnect the battery wires from the battery terminals of the charge controller.
-Let it sit for a minute or two.
-Connect the battery wires first back to the battery terminals of the charge controller.
-Connect the solar panel wires last back to the PV terminals of the charge controller.

Please note that it is vital for you to follow the steps above in CHRONOLOGICAL order as it might damage your system when you interchanged the steps.

Also, make sure also that the PV wires are correctly and tightly secured inside the charge controller PV terminals.

Hope this one helps and please advise us on how we can assist you further. If problem still occurs, kindly take a video and send it to us.

Stay safe.

Should you have any other concerns, please reply to this email or call us at 909-287-7100Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM PDT. You can use the Case ID provided below as your reference.”

Sooooo pretty much as they say in the IT world
“Unplug and plug it in again”

grrrrrr

So folks it may be worth your while to watch the YouTube channel called “The Nomadic Movement “ and watch episode “I’m really angry// solar power struggles “. I see the end of Renogy in sight. Such great products and crap service. Watch it and I look forward to reading your comments.
if anyone (Will) has any contacts at Renogy have a chat with them and let them know they need to step it up a bit

This was my experience with renogy support:
- Went to their contact page on the website and filled out the "submit a ticket" form, including attaching pictures.
- 7 days later "Thanks for contacting renogy support, those pictures didn't come through on the online form, can you send them via email", replied to that email on the same day.
- 12 days later "Thanks, we received the photos. While we check can you please send through a copy of your receipt", replied with a copy of my invoice.

It's now been more than a week later and I still haven't heard anything back from them (Not even a "try turning it off and on again").
So almost a month an absolutely no meaningful or helpful response. It seems that if you have a technical question or issue it gets put into the "too hard basket" and simply ignored.

So I have been away now a few time in our van. All electrical is from Renogy. 100%. Worked like a charm. All with zero help from Renogy. 100% from this forum. You folks are the best.
just back home now and last night I got a response from Renogy from a message 6weeks ago.
I have been asked by two folks to help with their new builds, gonna be tough to Recommend Renogy. Too bad because great stuff so far. I have spent 40 years in costumer service for technical equipment. I truly think I could help them do better.

Back