diy solar

diy solar

Growatt US/English support contact?

culty

Has anyone had any luck reaching out to Growatt for support? I have been running my Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P for a few months now, and while it's not perfect, it does get the job done for the most part. However, one issue I've had since day one with the Wi-Fi dongle/ShinePhone iPhone app is that the Charge Voltage and Float Voltage only allow values in a range of 50V-64V. The settings on the physical device allow for 24v nominal ranges.

As stated above, my Growatt is the 24v model. Is this a bug/limitation within the Shine Phone app? Am I missing a specific configuration somewhere? I'd love to be able to set modify those values via the app if at all possible. So far I've not found anyone else who seems to have this issue, but I haven't found a good method of contact for Growatt either.IMG_5328.jpg

I don't have their contact info anymore. I found it on a local classified.

I was hoping that at minimum someone here would either have seen this same behavior (or the solution for it), or know how I can elicit support from Growatt directly. So far my search for contact info for the company is only leading to Chinese sites.

UU960s46Y7ANfbf1K26kTsH0-3UMHyi86s72PLnwid-e_5_5TCN0youQV6o32OkY1toRJZ6B77SvcsmUOACWN-4WHX5KIF9ZgJbTvqJWmaO-zLKdKFr-DkUTuy8JdFmgctl_yBaSvAfWoHZcO4nP0qUy03ZtAa08leEsrg=s0-d-e1-ft

POWERING TOMORROW

Cory Oliphant
Technical Service Engineer(United States)

Growatt New Energy Co.,Ltd.
E
: cory.oliphant@growatt.com
W: www.growatt.com

The two things I know about the shinephone thing.
Is that it's not very good and people have had issues with it.
Personally, I never got it to work.
Which was a good thing. Because it allowed me to find Solar Assistant.

The two things I know about the shinephone thing.
Is that it's not very good and people have had issues with it.
Personally, I never got it to work.
Which was a good thing. Because it allowed me to find Solar Assistant.
As it turns out, I've been looking very closely at Solar Assistant. I'm currently awaiting a response from them on a few questions about use with my JK BMS/Growatt.

You're using a Growatt inverter? If so, does SA allow complete/granular setting changes, bypassing the need to use the control panel on the unit or the Shinephone app? Or is it primarily data reporting/logging with that unit? Also curious if it provides any way to turn the Growatt on/off?

Cory has been most helpful with some issues i have had on SPF 12000K DVM MPV, have you tried logging in to the web portal?

http://server-us.growatt.com/login

what tim said about shine app is true for me also
Yes, I've logged in there. The site barely loads on mobile, but on desktop, doesn't seem to show any relevant configuration details which I might be able to modify. I've also had zero luck locating any setting to specify 24v config in the wifi dongle admin, or anywhere in the app. I'm kind of surprised it doesn't auto-sense model and/or offer a configuration to indicate which unit it is.

I have SA as well, just use the growatt site for info as you are correct on lack of configuration, loads just fine for me on mobile or desktop however SA much better

As it turns out, I've been looking very closely at Solar Assistant. I'm currently awaiting a response from them on a few questions about use with my JK BMS/Growatt.

You're using a Growatt inverter? If so, does SA allow complete/granular setting changes, bypassing the need to use the control panel on the unit or the Shinephone app? Or is it primarily data reporting/logging with that unit? Also curious if it provides any way to turn the Growatt on/off?
I only use Solar Assistant.
I don't even remember how to use the screen on the units.
Also have JK-BMS's.

Thank you @brucenolan and @timselectric. I was pretty sure SA was the way to go after my research, and your suggestions help reinforce that.

Do either of you know if SA offers a way to manage on/off/reboot of the Growatt?

Has anyone had any luck reaching out to Growatt for support? I have been running my Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-24P for a few months now, and while it's not perfect, it does get the job done for the most part. However, one issue I've had since day one with the Wi-Fi dongle/ShinePhone iPhone app is that the Charge Voltage and Float Voltage only allow values in a range of 50V-64V. The settings on the physical device allow for 24v nominal ranges.

As stated above, my Growatt is the 24v model. Is this a bug/limitation within the Shine Phone app? Am I missing a specific configuration somewhere? I'd love to be able to set modify those values via the app if at all possible. So far I've not found anyone else who seems to have this issue, but I haven't found a good method of contact for Growatt either.View attachment 175947
I believe you can just put in your desired values within the allowable range for a 24v system (even though it's showing the range of a 48v system) and the app will make the change in hardware. You can go back in there using the panel buttons and it should reflect the change. Of course, you will need the password to make the change in the app.

Thank you @brucenolan and @timselectric. I was pretty sure SA was the way to go after my research, and your suggestions help reinforce that.

Do either of you know if SA offers a way to manage on/off/reboot of the Growatt?
If SA doesn't, you can still use the Shine app to turn the inverter on and off, but I don't think there is a reboot function. If course it would be nice if SA could do it so you could stay with one app, so maybe that will be a thing some day.

Back