diy solar

diy solar

Replacement Battery for Belkin Battery Backup Unit

Skyfire

Hello. I'm ne where. I found this forum via the DIY Solar Power with Will Prowse YouTube channel.

I have a Belkin Battery Backup Unit (Model BU3DC001-12V. It originally had a YUASA NPW36-12 12v, 36W/Cell sealed lead-acid battery.
I'd like to replace it with a 12V 12Ah LiFePO4 battery. Can I do that? Can I use a LiFePO4 instead of a SLA battery in the Belkin unit? Can I use a larger capacity than the original and still expect it to work?

I originally found this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354913793527 battery on eBay but then Googled whether it is good quality and I stumbled upon the Youtbube channel. Ultimately my goal is to have a battery backup for my wifi router. The router uses a 12V 2a DC plug. I'd like my solution to be in the $50 range unless I'm better off purchasing a power station like a BLUETTI, although this forum and the channel is enlightening me that i can DIY.

The other potential solution i foudn was this video:
however with all the parts it would be over $65, and I'm under the impression tha tI can reuse my Belkin. Worse case, can i purchase a different LiFePO4 battery to replace the original SLA battery for the Belkin?

I'm asking for guidance as I'm new to this although understand how to DIY things.

Back