diy solar

diy solar

Replacement JBD Temperature Sensor

Barold

My temperature sensor was damaged and now works intermittantly. I understand it is an NTC 10k Thermistor and the connector is a JST GH 1.25mm pitch connector. I am having a very tough time locating a replacement (either on Aliexpress - to arrive in Jul) or the components to reassemble an replacement -- apparently the GH style and 1.25mm pitch is not a very common connector. Does anyone know of any sources for the sensor or the components?

Thanks!

If you're handy with a soldering iron and don't mind chopping off the bad NTC from its cable and replacing it, you can do so.

But it looks like the reason you're having trouble getting an assembled one is that the 10K thermistor device itself is in short supply. Both my go-tos (Mouser and DigiKey) are out of them and quoting 18 week lead times.

While there is no guarantee that either of these are exactly what you are tying to replace, they would probably work if you could get them. The 47K version:

for example is an exact replacement for the temp. sensors supplied with the EPEVER AN series. I have been using them to build battery temp sensors for the AN's for a few years now.

I ordered a JST 1.25mm GH connector as advised in another thread and unfortunately it still wasn't the right connector (my temperature probe wires got caught and pulled out of the connector while getting shredded. The connector I am looking for is on the left and a better image of it is below.

Does anyone have a source for the temperature probe (I have the NTC thermistor but not the plug nor the wire crimps for the plug that goes into the BMS...) as it seems it only comes with a BMS.20231008_120449.jpg20231008_120321.jpg

Don't beat yourself up looking for the exact connector. Buy a handful of prototyping leads and use the female end of two of them:

Back