diy solar

diy solar

REPT 230AH cells QR code does not compute ?

Noordsolar

I have a come across a suppler for REPT 230AH cells locally however my concern is that QR code does not compute . It comms with labels indicating actually measured capacity and date of measurement . Are there differing QR coding methods? Do I need to be concerned ? Do I need to be concerned ?
1660659227802.png
1660659360788.png

Attachments

• 1660659284226.png
    1660659284226.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Those are not the QR Codes from the battery manufacturers. The real REPT QR code is under that black top cover by the negative terminal etched into the case. The QR Code will be scratched out but with luck there will be some numbers. Mine said REPT 3.20V 704Wh - a bit of math will give you the Ah. And you can see what you have really bought. Don't bother measuring the volts, it tells you nothing. Measure the Internal Resistance with a meter. ( £8, $10 to £40, $50 for the same item inc. postage). If it doesn't match the cell's test result sheet ( one for each cell) then what have you been sold? Capacity test with that big tester you bought to get it done before Aliexpress' 15 day reject window ends.
Let me know how you get on. I have been shafted by REPT cells. Regards

Addendum: The cells were sold by Varicore as 280Ah but underneath that black plastic was a scratched out REPT QR code. So not fair to say "I have been shafted by REPT cells." These cells should be 220Ah but are testing at 234Ah and increasing their capacity with the cycling testing.

Last edited:

diy solar

diy solar
Back