diy solar

diy solar

Rockpals 1300w not charging

Rforsting

Bought a Rockpals 1300w power station. Could not charge via ac, dc or solar. Came with 1% charge, display dimmed - overall defective unit.

Rockpals sent me a new unit without me returning the old one. New unit works fine so far.

What can I do to “revitalize” the defective unit since it’s just taking up space? It would be awesome if there was an easy/inexpensive solution. Should I chance opening the defective unit? I’m a total beginner. Thanks for any advice.

Have you had any luck with it? May I ask how much you paid?
I have a few of those, I haven't gone deeper than the top 8 Allen bolts for the top section.
The next step is to unplug all connectors, the two coming from the battery, the XT90 going to the charging board, fan connectors and then remove the inverter board by removing 4 to 6 Allen bolts.
The battery and BMS is under it.
I suspect that you might probably have a bad board that's mounted on the front side next to the battery. (MPPT perhaps) the next step would be to attempt to charge it directly from the BMS (charge side) using a proper charger. 7s lifepo4.
If you have basic electrical or electronic knowledge and use caution, I would proceed. Otherwise, I'd wait until you gain some basic know-how.

Back