diy solar

diy solar

Roof Measurement Tool?

markpj23

Early design phase for my grid tied project. Wondering which smart phone measuring tool folks recommend? I want to map out my roof and need specific dimensions & angles. Would prefer not to have to do it the old fashioned way...

Early design phase for my grid tied project. Wondering which smart phone measuring tool folks recommend? I want to map out my roof and need specific dimensions & angles. Would prefer not to have to do it the old fashioned way...
Old fashion way, except use your phone for the pitch.

Are you required to follow NEC and Fire code? You may loose several feet from the peak, sides and possibly the middle.

Old fashion way, except use your phone for the pitch.
We used some different measuring apps on phones at work to measure a room, and each app was a few inches off.

If that’s acceptable, an app may work. We decided for precision where inches count, need to measure the old fashion way.

I could see the OPs roof project going either way depending on how many panels are up there.

You can also put in for a variance fire-code / set back wise. For me the panels would be on the back side of the house so I'm going to ask and see if I can fit 3 more panels in (and get to 15.4kw).

Back