diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Solar from Alibaba, anyone have experience?

Batonage

Hi all,

I'm slowly working toward getting an off grid system together for a new build. I have previously purchased a (an?) MPPSolar PIP-GK 5048 controller/inverter https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/pip-gk-series/

The attached quote is from Rosen Solar in China. PV panels seem a great price, with freight nominal http://www.rosensolar.com/pd.jsp?id=58#_jcp=3_6 . And I'd choose between the 5kW and 10kW battery units. Has anyone had dealings with this company? Any advice is gratefully received...

Cheers to all

Attachments

• rosen quotation.pdf
    476.5 KB · Views: 299
Good day, I'm currently shopping for another off grid system. I am planning to mount it on a carport. I also received a quote from Rosen. Price is very good. Did you purchase? If not could you elaborate on why? Thanks Paul

I will be watching this thread carefully, as it sounds interesting. My question for both of you is how did you find them, and what will be the source of payment?

Hi. I'm interest to buy from Rosen Solar. This is the price offer they do for me for 6 kw off grid system.

This is very impressive, I have seen some good info on Rosen, so hope this goes well. I will look forward to hearing how this all goes, what is the current status of the order? Did you ask for these items or is this a package that they put together for you?

They put all together. Now in China start 8 days of holidays when they will no work at all. After that, they will start production. Numbers of days from start production until package will be at my door is almost 60 days.

Well that is a good thing, hope they can meet that time schedule. Keep us posted!

Hi, I will keep posted on my plans . I'm looking at 24 - 430 watt panels and 3 of the 10kw batteries.

Hi, I will be purchasing thru the Alibaba platform. I'm doing a remodel and plan our filling a shipping container with lots of goods for the remodel. I have paid with a wire transfer through Alibaba. They hold payment until products arrive, depending on your negations with purchaser.

Hi. Because i am a newbie buyer from alibaba i want to know some advice about how to buy on alibaba.
I am interest in every purchase steps, especially in payment steps. I can find a tutorial or a list of steps or something like that? Or you can write me about how you purchase on alibaba.

It is pretty easy, depending on the purchase amount. Small orders are paid in full, large orders pay 30-50 percent down and balance when completed. You should make ALL transactions through the Alibaba platform. Alibaba holds the payments until products are sent , you have a negotiated time frame.
My lager purchase was $16,000. Paid half at beginning. They then kept me informed about production and sent pictures of finished products. You have to find a reputable organization that you are comfortable with.
There are many additional factors to deal with also, time difference, language and they deal in metric system.
I purchased alot from 11 different companies last year and shipped it in 1 20 foot container. I will be purchasing alot again soon, probably about 20-25 different companies and shipping in a single container, that's the most reasonable way, cost wise

Hi all, great to see that some have made more progress than I did with Rosen. I had no issues with the offer, was just wary of spending so much money without strong recommendations. I have now bought PV panels and battery from a NZ vendor, going with local warranty etc for that extra piece of mind.

It is pretty easy, depending on the purchase amount. Small orders are paid in full, large orders pay 30-50 percent down and balance when completed. You should make ALL transactions through the Alibaba platform. Alibaba holds the payments until products are sent , you have a negotiated time frame.
My lager purchase was $16,000. Paid half at beginning. They then kept me informed about production and sent pictures of finished products. You have to find a reputable organization that you are comfortable with.
There are many additional factors to deal with also, time difference, language and they deal in metric system.
I purchased alot from 11 different companies last year and shipped it in 1 20 foot container. I will be purchasing alot again soon, probably about 20-25 different companies and shipping in a single container, that's the most reasonable way, cost wise
I am waiting to see how this goes for you, it sounds like you are on the right track, but like others I am concerned about the money and quality. Thanks for sharing your info.

Hi Im Phil also new member and looking @ purchasing from RosenSolar
I have Toyota coaster bus 5 meters and will install 3 x 48v 100AH Lithium batteries for storage power 5000W / 10000W hybrid low frequency solar controller Mppt, inverter with x4 _500w 48W panels have also been cautious, would be open for advice on reliable good quality products n companys ..............also Ive received prices for Lithium batteries cycles from 3000 -5000 cycles, anyone know why such difference, thought it was a little suspicious at first ?

Hi Im Phil also new member and looking @ purchasing from RosenSolar
I have Toyota coaster bus 5 meters and will install 3 x 48v 100AH Lithium batteries for storage power 5000W / 10000W hybrid low frequency solar controller Mppt, inverter with x4 _500w 48W panels have also been cautious, would be open for advice on reliable good quality products n companys ..............also Ive received prices for Lithium batteries cycles from 3000 -5000 cycles, anyone know why such difference, thought it was a little suspicious at first ?
Hi , I am talking to Rosensolar and they are good on price , has anyone on this forum actually used them ?

How did you handle warehousing and loading your container in China?

I would also like to know that. As far as Rosen goes has anyone actually ordered from them and if so how was the experience? If not Rosen should fill one order with partial payment or no payment ahead of time just to start a reputation here.

Back