diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Solar from Alibaba, anyone have experience?

I am not comfortable giving you an answer, but I would love to get your feedback once you have your system, good luck.

The aftersale is also very important. A company called Taico gave me 3 years warranty before the sales. And to my luck 3 out of 4 batteries came with defective sells. It has been almost 3 months since they acknowledge the problem. They keep delaying therefore i told them i will take thi as a business loss instead of writing back and forth everyday. They have full of excuseses. Covid, chinese holidays, engineer not working etc. So please make sure their aftersales is good enough to resolve a simple warranty claim. Mine was certainly a fake warranty.

Do not buy from them. They have the worst customer service. The product brings a small manual, which looks like bad photocopies and barely has any info. We bought a hybrid system with two inverters to parallel but they did not provide any info for that and the extra inverter does not fit in there very poorly designed rack. They also shipped a couple of parts wrong and never sent us replaced them and forgot a battery cable also didn’t replace it. The way they designed the rack the Wi-Fi adapters antenna is in a metal box next to a breaker so no signal, had to take it out and leave it hanging. The inverter will not automatically switch over when power fails. Have been trying to get help from them for weeks with them giving me the run around and when I ask them for diagrams or info they don’t answer for a while and when they do they conveniently forget that our system doesn’t work. In addition, they knew we wanted it for netmeetering and they insist it does but it does not have a menu for it and they will not provide any help with the configuration. They say they have a customer who got netmeetering running where I live but they won’t get me a contact for the technician who did it so I don’t believe it. That’s just the technical part I won’t get in to the problems with the purchase and shipping. Avoid them at all cost.

Do not buy from them. They have the worst customer service. The product brings a small manual, which looks like bad photocopies and barely has any info. We bought a hybrid system with two inverters to parallel but they did not provide any info for that and the extra inverter does not fit in there very poorly designed rack. They also shipped a couple of parts wrong and never sent us replaced them and forgot a battery cable also didn’t replace it. The way they designed the rack the Wi-Fi adapters antenna is in a metal box next to a breaker so no signal, had to take it out and leave it hanging. The inverter will not automatically switch over when power fails. Have been trying to get help from them for weeks with them giving me the run around and when I ask them for diagrams or info they don’t answer for a while and when they do they conveniently forget that our system doesn’t work. In addition, they knew we wanted it for netmeetering and they insist it does but it does not have a menu for it and they will not provide any help with the configuration. They say they have a customer who got netmeetering running where I live but they won’t get me a contact for the technician who did it so I don’t believe it. That’s just the technical part I won’t get in to the problems with the purchase and shipping. Avoid them at all cost.
I am glad to hear , but sorry for you , that I am not alone in suffering the rosen solar pathetic customer service , (lower case representative of their status in the solar world ).

I bought from them direct and had a lot of advice and attention in detail.
Since installing one of their 10kw systems I have had a problem and have lost count of the number of e mails /messages etc , etc .
All I ever got from them was questions !
they should be exposed across the solar " bretherin " to stop others from buying from them .
The market will respond .
rosen sent me a "ticket " when i wanted to claim on the warranty last December , nothing since .
Without going into details , I have 60% in 2 of the three batteries and system shuts down when batteries are full .
It drives me nuts !
I cant leave the set up for more than a few hours .

There needs to be more pressure brought to them , I am on board for a group claim ?

I am glad to hear , but sorry for you , that I am not alone in suffering the rosen solar pathetic customer service , (lower case representative of their status in the solar world ).

I bought from them direct and had a lot of advice and attention in detail.
Since installing one of their 10kw systems I have had a problem and have lost count of the number of e mails /messages etc , etc .
All I ever got from them was questions !
they should be exposed across the solar " bretherin " to stop others from buying from them .
The market will respond .
rosen sent me a "ticket " when i wanted to claim on the warranty last December , nothing since .
Without going into details , I have 60% in 2 of the three batteries and system shuts down when batteries are full .
It drives me nuts !
I cant leave the set up for more than a few hours .

There needs to be more pressure brought to them , I am on board for a group claim ?
I have no idea how that would work but Im interested in hearing more. You should put a review on their facebook page.

Messages 110

Right , I have had enough .
I have pleaded begged and threatened rosen solar for solutions to problems I have had with the 10 kw system I bought from them in 2020.
The mails/ messages / phone calls have been ignored .

I live off grid using only their system and it has been a frustrating time , they will not help or even reply .

Three basic , and I suspect easy for them to resolve , faults exist .

1. of 3 batteries , only 1 reaches full charge , the other 2 only get to 60 % this means they run down faster so reduces my storage / autonomy .

2. When all batteries reach " full " the system shuts down completley , power goes off .

3. There is a generator connected as per rosen diagrams/ instructions ready to charge the batteries ,
but when running no charge is accepted by the 2 Growatt inverters .

As you can determine , it is a difficult situation as we live off grid and depend on this to live .

Yet with all the issues they still ignore all my protestations .

They do not deserve to be in this business .

I have told them I would put this issue on the relevant forums if they do not respond
same story , ignore it .

Bonjour,

Pourriez vous filmer votre installation, les câblages, faites afficher tous les paramètres de l'onduleur.
Mettez votre film sur youtube et envoyez le lien, comme ceci par exemple :

Nous pourrons peut être vous aider.

jerome

Messages 110

Right , I have had enough .
I have pleaded begged and threatened rosen solar for solutions to problems I have had with the 10 kw system I bought from them in 2020.
The mails/ messages / phone calls have been ignored .

I live off grid using only their system and it has been a frustrating time , they will not help or even reply .

Three basic , and I suspect easy for them to resolve , faults exist .

1. of 3 batteries , only 1 reaches full charge , the other 2 only get to 60 % this means they run down faster so reduces my storage / autonomy .

2. When all batteries reach " full " the system shuts down completley , power goes off .

3. There is a generator connected as per rosen diagrams/ instructions ready to charge the batteries ,
but when running no charge is accepted by the 2 Growatt inverters .

As you can determine , it is a difficult situation as we live off grid and depend on this to live .

Yet with all the issues they still ignore all my protestations .

They do not deserve to be in this business .

I have told them I would put this issue on the relevant forums if they do not respond
same story , ignore it .
Your issues sound like there may be an easy fix. Have you tried top balancing the batteries? It seems like some cells may be unbalanced, causing the BMS to shut down for overvoltage when charged high. Or it may be some parameter settings in the growwatt. There are a lot of folks here who may be able to assist on the growwatt side. Can you share your settings? Bulk charge volts, float voltage, etc?

Your issues sound like there may be an easy fix. Have you tried top balancing the batteries? It seems like some cells may be unbalanced, causing the BMS to shut down for overvoltage when charged high. Or it may be some parameter settings in the growwatt. There are a lot of folks here who may be able to assist on the growwatt side. Can you share your settings? Bulk charge volts, float voltage, etc?
Also, have you checked the cells with a multimeter? What error are you getting?

Merci. Je cours cette procédure presque tous les jours. si j'essaie de régler sur Li les onduleurs ne fonctionnent pas. Le message est « basse tension » J'enregistrerai et publierai tommorrow

Thank you , I will record/post all settings tommorrow

Also, have you checked the cells with a multimeter? What error are you getting?
thank you , I have not removed the casings of the batteries for fear of voiding the warranty, not that there seems to be one !
All cells are showing very similar 3300/3400v +/-

thank you , I have not removed the casings of the batteries for fear of voiding the warranty, not that there seems to be one !
All cells are showing very similar 3300/3400v +/-
Hmmm, 100mv is a fairly high deviation. Mine have typically stayed around .008 delta. Is there any balance function in the battery BMS? Active balance are usually better than passive. I know my Seplos BMS's are passive and they take forever to balance the cells. Heltec/JK BMS's have a 2 amp active that works well and fast.

Hmmm, 100mv is a fairly high deviation. Mine have typically stayed around .008 delta. Is there any balance function in the battery BMS? Active balance are usually better than passive. I know my Seplos BMS's are passive and they take forever to balance the cells. Heltec/JK BMS's have a 2 amp active that works well and fast.
the 3300/3400 is not the variation , it is the different voltages between low/high charge state . Generally all voltages are the same

the 3300/3400 is not the variation , it is the different voltages between low/high charge state . Generally all voltages are the same
I am assuming 3.3v and 3.4v, correct? LiFePo4 voltage curve is VERY flat.

rosen solar uses the seplos bms , but it seems the cells have a very different state of charge, and are never top balanced by rosen

volts hardly mean a thing in lifepo4 cells, unless you get up to the very top ( 3.45v + )

what i suggest the TS to do is :

fully charge the batteries one by one to full (bms shutdown).
let them sit for 8 hours , then float the batteries at 54,8 v for 3 hours, or charge to 58,4 at a very low amperage ( 6 amps)
this should given the bms some time to balance, but given the 100 mv at those low voltages, the very best would be to open up the batteries, and charge each individual cells to 3.55 cc until amps drop to 1 or less, repeat for each battery

will take loads of time, but should give you a much better performance/result.

cant believe most manufactorers are still sending out unbalanced battery packs

I cannot get the voltages that high , it shuts down at around 52v .
This is when set on AGM ,
if set on Li it messages "voltage too low " and will not charge, then shuts down.
We have bad weather today so little charge will be going in , this is where the system lets me down .

To summarize,
full sun /charge = shutdown ,
no sun= low battery storage capacity
no sun , no power = generator will not charge batteries
As you can see , it is a dead end .

I cannot get the voltages that high , it shuts down at around 52v .
This is when set on AGM ,
if set on Li it messages "voltage too low " and will not charge, then shuts down.
We have bad weather today so little charge will be going in , this is where the system lets me down .

To summarize,
full sun /charge = shutdown ,
no sun= low battery storage capacity
no sun , no power = generator will not charge batteries
As you can see , it is a dead end .
disconnect comms, use USE setting on growatt .

alternative is opening the batteries up and using a labpower supply

Back