diy solar

diy solar

Rosen Solar from Alibaba, anyone have experience?

That is why Houseofancients is telling you to open up the battery so you can fix the problem. I doubt Rosen will ask you to ship them back at their expense so they can balance the cells for you. Question, is there a single cell which is over 3.65V when the inverter cuts off? It sounds like the BMS is shutting down due to over voltage. If that is the case, the only thing to do is redo the top balance of the cells.
it's a seplos bms , so hv disconnect is set by default to either 3.45 or 3.5 ( depending on firmware version)

exactly, and your systen is missing 40% , which is quite easily turned into 100% , but you would have to give rosen the middlefinger..

give you months trying to get them to help you, i know what i would do
Checked all cells in all batteries and all between the 3322 and 3325 mv.
All battery voltages are 49.86v this morning. Is there anything wrong with these figures ?

Checked all cells in all batteries and all between the 3322 and 3325 mv.
All battery voltages are 49.86v this morning. Is there anything wrong with these figures ?
you will not see any difference until you get in the higher charge zones ( 3.39 and up).
measuring at this state of charge is pointless for lifepo4

cells just reaching 3400 now @51v ,
but soon batteries will reach 100% and system will shut down .
How can the cells get to Li levels ?
What needs to be adjusted ?

Ok , I have a cable CC USB-RS-485-150U ,
connected to seplos now waiting for comms to work .
19200 baud rate com3 port

Ok , I have a cable CC USB-RS-485-150U ,
connected to seplos now waiting for comms to work .
19200 baud rate com3 port
I am not sure of the settings for the Rosen variant, especially the baud rate and dip switch settings. Try dip 1 on first.

Je ne suis pas sûr des paramètres de la variante Rosen, en particulier des paramètres du débit en bauds et des commutateurs DIP. Essayez le dip 1 en premier.
j'ai lu ceci sur le site de seplos, problème connu :

"
Q : Les onduleurs SMA et Victron signalent une panne lorsque le BMS est complètement chargé.
R : Le problème peut être résolu en actualisant le programme du micrologiciel (version 2.8). Le BMS V16 n'a pas ce défaut.
"

I have downloaded the Seplos BMS upgrade but can not get it to connect to a battery .
J'ai téléchargé la mise à jour Seplos BMS mais je n'arrive pas à la connecter à une batterie.

I have downloaded the Seplos BMS upgrade but can not get it to connect to a battery .
J'ai téléchargé la mise à jour Seplos BMS mais je n'arrive pas à la connecter à une batterie.
I would not upgrade the BMS without guidance from Rosen. ( Assuming Houseofancients is correct and it is a Seplos BMS) Just use the management software to check and adjust your settings. For some excellent info on connecting, Andy at "offgridgarage" youtube channel covers it nicely.

I would not upgrade the BMS without guidance from Rosen. ( Assuming Houseofancients is correct and it is a Seplos BMS) Just use the management software to check and adjust your settings. For some excellent info on connecting, Andy at "offgridgarage" youtube channel covers it nicely.
agreed 100% , upgrade is not a good idea.
your rosen is probably setup for canbus.

I have discussed this with rosen and they have just sent a customised USB-RS-485 cable ,
I hope it will come with software so as to deal with the capacity issue.
Thank you I will look at the you tube vid.

ROSEN SOLAR ARE SCAMPER THEY SELL US USD 23 000.00 SOLAR BATTERIES PYLONTECH.
BUT THE DON'T CAN DELIVER THE GOODS, AND THEY DON'T RETURN THE REFUND SINCE 1 MONTH.

ROSEN SOLAR SONT DES VOLEURS ILS M'ONT VENDU USD 23 000.00 DE BATTERIES PYLONTECH. CETTE MARCHANDISE NE M'A JAMAIS ETE LIVREE ET ILS ME POMETTENT UN REMBOURSEMENT DEPUIS 1 MOIS. MAINTENANT JE DOIS PAYER UN AVOCAT EN CHINE USD 1 300.00 POUR ESPERER RECUPERER MON ARGENT

ROSEN SOLAR ARE SCAMPER THEY SELL US USD 23 000.00 SOLAR BATTERIES PYLONTECH.
BUT THE DON'T CAN DELIVER THE GOODS, AND THEY DON'T RETURN THE REFUND SINCE 1 MONTH.

ROSEN SOLAR SONT DES VOLEURS ILS M'ONT VENDU USD 23 000.00 DE BATTERIES PYLONTECH. CETTE MARCHANDISE NE M'A JAMAIS ETE LIVREE ET ILS ME POMETTENT UN REMBOURSEMENT DEPUIS 1 MOIS. MAINTENANT JE DOIS PAYER UN AVOCAT EN CHINE USD 1 300.00 POUR ESPERER RECUPERER MON ARGENT
I'm sorry you had a bad experience but they are definitely NOT SCAMMERS. I and many others on this board have gotten batteries and have gotten after purchase support. Communication can be slow at times, and you do run into translation issues some times, but they are not scammers. they are a real company selling legitimate batteries. It did take several months for my batteries to arrive.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and may not know what the word "scammer" is? They are not a scam.

I purchased a 10k system from Rosen. I installed the system with 3 48vt 200ah batteries. About 1 month after installation 1 of the bms boards quit working. I contacted them. After much discussion a 2nd bms board quit. They had me testing the batteries and sending videos. I waited and the 3rd battery bms failed.
I waited months for them to recieve new stock. There was a problem with the boards having diodes fail. Finally they shipped me 3 new boards. And I began installation. When I got the 3rd board I found that they had sent me the wrong board! I contacted them, they want me to pay for the shipping.

I purchased a 10k system from Rosen. I installed the system with 3 48vt 200ah batteries. About 1 month after installation 1 of the bms boards quit working. I contacted them. After much discussion a 2nd bms board quit. They had me testing the batteries and sending videos. I waited and the 3rd battery bms failed.
I waited months for them to recieve new stock. There was a problem with the boards having diodes fail. Finally they shipped me 3 new boards. And I began installation. When I got the 3rd board I found that they had sent me the wrong board! I contacted them, they want me to pay for the shipping.
you just need to get forceful with them. I bought 6x 200ah batteries and they sent me 6 new boards (was a common problem with BMS boards). Then one of the power switches failed.... they walked me through it with their technician and once diagnosed, they just asked if I can just buy the switch locally ($3 or so).

So while their customer service isnt stellar, and you have to deal with time change etc, that is very different than saying they are scammers. I dont expect any other China distributor would be much better. If these type issues concern you, then pay the extra money and buy one locally.

Hi all,

I'm slowly working toward getting an off grid system together for a new build. I have previously purchased a (an?) MPPSolar PIP-GK 5048 controller/inverter https://www.mppsolar.com/v3/pip-gk-series/

The attached quote is from Rosen Solar in China. PV panels seem a great price, with freight nominal http://www.rosensolar.com/pd.jsp?id=58#_jcp=3_6 . And I'd choose between the 5kW and 10kW battery units. Has anyone had dealings with this company? Any advice is gratefully received...

Cheers to all
My advice would be to avoid Rosen Solar. Their prices are good but misleading. They are completely sales orientated and have no customer services. In my case, they sent me the wrong batteries and refused to take them back (even with alibaba trade assurance), sold me two inverters that are not meant to be sold outside of China and now refuse to respond to any of my messages. Sitting with a system that is not working and nothing I can do. Buy from a local supplier. its worth the extra cost.

Good day, I'm currently shopping for another off grid system. I am planning to mount it on a carport. I also received a quote from Rosen. Price is very good. Did you purchase? If not could you elaborate on why? Thanks Paul
Hi Paul. I have had experience with Rosen Solar and it has not been good. Great on sales but zero customer services, I have also seen many similar experiences online. I did not receive the products I ordered and there is nothing I can do. They have stopped responding to my messages. Hope this helps

Back