diy solar

diy solar

rosen solar , ZERO BACK UP ! DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM !

gramos100

Right , I have had enough .
I have pleaded begged and threatened rosen solar for solutions to problems I have had with the 10 kw system I bought from them in 2020.
The mails/ messages / phone calls have been ignored .

I live off grid using only their system and it has been a frustrating time , they will not help or even reply .

Three basic , and I suspect easy for them to resolve , faults exist .

1. of 3 batteries , only 1 reaches full charge , the other 2 only get to 60 % this means they run down faster so reduces my storage / autonomy .

2. When all batteries reach " full " the system shuts down completley , power goes off .

3. There is a generator connected as per rosen diagrams/ instructions ready to charge the batteries ,
but when running no charge is accepted by the 2 Growatt inverters .

As you can determine , it is a difficult situation as we live off grid and depend on this to live .

Yet with all the issues they still ignore all my protestations .

They do not deserve to be in this business .

I have told them I would put this issue on the relevant forums if they do not respond
same story , ignore it .

I see you've posted about some of the issues.

1. likely cell imbalance and BMS over voltage protection trigger. Cells are likely imbalanced. They are either failing, or they are not charged to full often enough to permit balancing.
2. Odd. Unless these are Amperetime heated batteries or equivalent batteries. They have been documented to cut out completely when a charge current is removed.
3. Battery voltage must be below setting 12, or it will not charge from the generator.

Concerning #1 and #2, recommend you set float to 3.45V/cell and absorption 0.2V above that.

I see you've posted about some of the issues.

1. likely cell imbalance and BMS over voltage protection trigger. Cells are likely imbalanced. They are either failing, or they are not charged to full often enough to permit balancing.
2. Odd. Unless these are Amperetime heated batteries or equivalent batteries. They have been documented to cut out completely when a charge current is removed.
3. Battery voltage must be below setting 12, or it will not charge from the generator.

Concerning #1 and #2, recommend you set float to 3.45V/cell and absorption 0.2V above that.
Thank you for taking an interest .
1. cells are all very similar in VSOC , they show fully charged up to 100 % , all 3 , even though A& B are at 114a / 60/62 % . C is @ 200a 100%
whatever the cell voltage totals are , 51.75 @3.45v per cell , 3300v / 70% .....
50v-56.4 v - shutdown still occurs .

2. batteries are labelled/ supplied by rosen solar as part of the package , 9.6 kw each / 15s . Not heated .

3. yes, thank you , I am aware of this ,12 is set to 46v.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking an interest .
1. cells are all very similar in VSOC , they show fully charged up to 100 % , all 3 , even though A& B are at 114a / 60/62 % . C is @ 200a 100%
whatever the cell voltage totals are , 51.75 @3.45v per cell , 3300v / 70% .....
50v-56.4 v - shutdown still occurs .

If you are running the batteries to 56.4, that's 56.4/15 = 3.76V/battery, where one would expect the BMS to enter over-voltage protection. Your absorption voltage for 15S should be 52.9V and float at 50.6V.

2. batteries are labelled/ supplied by rosen solar as part of the package , 9.6 kw each / 15s . Not heated .

3. yes, thank you , I am aware of this ,12 is set to 46v.

Growatts are finicky about AC input power. if your battery is below 46V, and it won't charge from AC when setting 12 is at 46V, then that's likely the cause. If you don't have an inverter generator, the power may just be too dirty. Often one has to lower the AC charge voltage to 10A and increase it slowly to find the threshold where the inverter stops charging. Additionally, since the generator is also powering the loads through the inverter, changes in loads can trip the charger to stop.

If you are running the batteries to 56.4, that's 56.4/15 = 3.76V/battery, where one would expect the BMS to enter over-voltage protection. Your absorption voltage for 15S should be 52.9V and float at 50.6V.

Growatts are finicky about AC input power. if your battery is below 46V, and it won't charge from AC when setting 12 is at 46V, then that's likely the cause. If you don't have an inverter generator, the power may just be too dirty. Often one has to lower the AC charge voltage to 10A and increase it slowly to find the threshold where the inverter stops charging. Additionally, since the generator is also powering the loads through the inverter, changes in loads can trip the charger to stop.
Thanks , I see that I did not answer about battery voltage .
It is impossible to run on Li setting a warning appears with " low voltage " if tried.
So my battery voltages are in the 50/52v range.
Same issues still exist today , full batteries then shutdown .
very frustrating.
The generator not charging is a secondary , yet still important issue.

I have tried a relay using the dry contact circuit , set as low as 49v , but it still shuts down .

UPDATE!!
After a rude amount of pressure a Rosen solar engineer contacted me and connected to my batteries via a usb cable through my laptop and re set the 2 errant batteries ! It has made a world of difference as the capacity is 200 ah X 3 so full power ahead. !
As I have posted previously , Thanks must go also to the Growatt engineer in Germany who , remotely , re set my invert we live off grid and this battery deficiency has been a PITA .
So enough , serious , pressure finally paid off and we now have a fully functioning solar system .
I have to be grateful also , to the Growatt engineer in Germany, who re set my inverters , remotely, his name is Lui , a good guy .

ROSEN SOLAR ARE SCAMPER THEY SELL US USD 23 000.00 SOLAR BATTERIES PYLONTECH.
BUT THE DON'T CAN DELIVER THE GOODS, AND THEY DON'T RETURN THE REFUND SINCE 1 MONTH.

ROSEN SOLAR SONT DES VOLEURS ILS M'ONT VENDU USD 23 000.00 DE BATTERIES PYLONTECH. CETTE MARCHANDISE NE M'A JAMAIS ETE LIVREE ET ILS ME POMETTENT UN REMBOURSEMENT DEPUIS 1 MOIS. MAINTENANT JE DOIS PAYER UN AVOCAT EN CHINE USD 1 300.00 POUR ESPERER RECUPERER MON ARGENT

UPDATE!!
After a rude amount of pressure a Rosen solar engineer contacted me and connected to my batteries via a usb cable through my laptop and re set the 2 errant batteries ! It has made a world of difference as the capacity is 200 ah X 3 so full power ahead. !
As I have posted previously , Thanks must go also to the Growatt engineer in Germany who , remotely , re set my invert we live off grid and this battery deficiency has been a PITA .
So enough , serious , pressure finally paid off and we now have a fully functioning solar system .
I have to be grateful also , to the Growatt engineer in Germany, who re set my inverters , remotely, his name is Lui , a good guy .
Hi gramos100, I have very similar problem, any chance you could share the engineers details, I've been stonewalled by the sales "engineer" for over 12 months and now one battery is completely dead after 55 cycles and now not receiving any response whatsoever from said sales "engineer".
Thanks

Hi gramos100, I have very similar problem, any chance you could share the engineers details, I've been stonewalled by the sales "engineer" for over 12 months and now one battery is completely dead after 55 cycles and now not receiving any response whatsoever from said sales "engineer".
Thanks
The contact at Rosen is a guy called Gary , ask josie for his number , hes an expert

Back