diy solar

diy solar

Run Power Mains to shop?

kwmivp

I need some helpful ideas/clarity.....

Power configuration:
Grid Power (200amp 120/240 split phase) is buried to the house from the street pole. Shop is 100ft away and power (60amp 240 split phase) is provided via a buried 1" Sch40 with 4 x 6awg str to its sub panel.

Current shop setup:
Note that this setup was to be emergency power provider for the shop.
In the Shop is where the Solar inputs (4kw @ 150v, and expanding), Charge controllers, Batteries (18 x 6v FLA as backup to 16 x 200AH LIFEPO4 batteries), Inverter, 9.5kw Generator (Behind shop), etc. is located. There is no room near the main breaker in the garage of the house to have the items mentioned above, hence why it's in the shop. My older LF 12kw inverter blew, I am now replacing with a 12kw Hybrid Inverter(TL).

Opportunity to expand functionality?

Questions:
What's the best way to get the hybrid inverter in-between the grid in, and main breaker?

Can I run 2 buried lines in separate conduits (100'), one from the grid (in the main breaker), out to the shop into the hybrid inverter grid input, and then the second one will run from the hybrid inverter back to the house into the main breaker?

Other considerations?

I could just keep it simple and leave it as emergency and not grid tied, but with the new features just wondering what my options are.

Last edited:
See if you can get a CT between the main panel and Meter. If it works, put an ATS between the meter and main panel. Set inverter to limit power to home (what the ct reads).

Back