diy solar

diy solar

RV Converter for LiFePO4 Batteries

Float Charge is the second line in the specs :unsure:

Is that just a charger, or a charger/converter for an RV?
not sure what you are asking
it is just a converter, you'll need to find a place to put it
it doesn't form-fit the WFCO power station

I was told recently by someone at WFCO that they're putting a lithium-compatible auto-sensing converter/charger on the market in a few months. Whatever type of battery you have, it knows and adjusts the stages accordingly. No switches necessary. How, I have no clue.

It would be a direct replacement for the existing main board. It may be less expensive than PD, if it works, and that's assuming the current one doesn't work well enough.

I think the auto-sense part will be very attractive to RV manufacturers.
even if it auto-senses, we don't want 14.6V, nor do we need a float voltage (3rd stage)
what we really need is a programmable replacement where we can adjust the CC/CV stages
we'll have to see when it's released

even if it auto-senses, we don't want 14.6V, nor do we need a float voltage (3rd stage)
what we really need is a programmable replacement where we can adjust the CC/CV stages
we'll have to see when it's released
I assume that if it auto-senses, there will be no float voltage. Otherwise there's no point in auto-sensing. We shall see, when it's released.

what do you suggest for an inverter ( 2-3kw range) and a transfer switch to use in conjunction with this?
If this is for an RV I suggest you get a ul-458 listed inverter charger.
It combines the inverter + charger + automatic transfer switch in a way that makes sense.

I wet back to BB with the question referenced above. Their reply is below. In short, I need to kill the draw at 11.5 instead of the inverters 10.0.
@smoothJoey suggested a workaround but it's much too large for my application (a RV). I need something smaller.

Having solar in mind for phase 2 (ph1 is shore power or generator charging), is there something I can put in between the batteries and the inverter to circumvent the inverters ridiculous 10.0? BB suggested a BGA but there's no way it'll accept 4/0 cable (cable between batter and inverter).

The spec sheet they sent me says it has low voltage protection but not what the value is so, it's back in BB court.

Thanks.

"You are right, the AIMS states to have a set Alarm at 10.5v and Low Voltage Shutdown at 10.0v,

What you could do is install a BGA from Precision Circuits. This would act as an external Low Voltage disconnect at 11.5v.
https://battlebornbatteries.com/product/battery-guardian-autoselect/"

Attachments

• Battery-BB10012-Specs.pdf
    238.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The SSR fits easily in the palm of my hand.
Color me completely embarrassed. That's what happens when one ASSumes.

Still, the BMS is internal and not accessible by me so I can't 'tap' into it that I'm aware. I'll pray BB comes back with favorable answer to my previous question.

Thank you.

Color me completely embarrassed. That's what happens when one ASSumes.

Still, the BMS is internal and not accessible by me so I can't 'tap' into it that I'm aware. I'll pray BB comes back with favorable answer to my previous question.

Thank you.
You could combine a smart shunt with the ssr.
shart shunt drives the ssr and the ssr drives the inverter/charger.

Back