diy solar

diy solar

RV'er needing help would replacing x2 6 Volt batteries to one Battleborn work since we dont go off grid for now just need power between destination?

Jdixon

RV'er needing help would replacing x2 6 Volt batteries to one Battleborn wok since we dont go off grid for now just need power between destination?

If you're using it only in transit, why pay for Lithium? It seems to me that a single quality group 24 deep cycle (not dual purpose) would suffice and would be much cheaper.

If you're using it only in transit, why pay for Lithium? It seems to me that a single quality group 24 deep cycle (not dual purpose) would suffice and would be much cheaper.
You are correct the x2 6 volt batteries I have now are the same price as the one Battleborn and the 24 cycle can be cheaper for sure but the quality of the Battleborn would out last the cheaper batteries and I would have to change them out more often. I dont mind paying a little more for the quality and lifespan. Thanks for your suggestion.

Yes. The Battleborn should serve you well.
TIME2Roll, I have another question the batteries I have now are stored under the steps on the outside. Would it be better if I go with the Battleborn for it would need to be stored inside a compartment? Thanks

If you are traveling or camped below freezing the temperature could be a concern. I don't think it is an issue to bring the battery inside. I believe there might be a version with an internal heater. I would tend to get the heat option and leave it under the stair.

You are correct the x2 6 volt batteries I have now are the same price as the one Battleborn and the 24 cycle can be cheaper for sure but the quality of the Battleborn would out last the cheaper batteries and I would have to change them out more often. I dont mind paying a little more for the quality and lifespan. Thanks for your suggestion.
You won't be paying a little more for quality, you'll be paying a LOT more.

I'm not dissing LFP batteries. I own two. But I intend to boondock with them and keep them for a long time.

You can buy quality FLA or AGM batteries, treat them well, and they'll last for a very long time.

If you are traveling or camped below freezing the temperature could be a concern. I don't think it is an issue to bring the battery inside. I believe there might be a version with an internal heater. I would tend to get the heat option and leave it under the stair.
Thanks that is a good suggestion to look at with out having to move it.

You won't be paying a little more for quality, you'll be paying a LOT more.

I'm not dissing LFP batteries. I own two. But I intend to boondock with them and keep them for a long time.

You can buy quality FLA or AGM batteries, treat them well, and they'll last for a very long time.
That is true taking care of your batteries means a lot to the life of a battery. I may be doing some boondocking in a few years I am about 5 years from retiring so I did think if did I could add more later. Thanks

It seems as though your question is "can I replace 2 - 6v batteries with a Battleborn?" The answer is yes. 12v is 12v. It also seems that you were looking for the answers that agree with your plan.

I think what others are trying to say is that a BB is a very expensive house battery, especially when you don't plan to use the potential of the battery.

"Under the stairs" says to me its in a motor home or van. 2-6v batteries means you've got some heavy duty batteries already and likely a lot of power storage unless the batteries NEED replacing. You also said you don't plan on boondocking.

You could literally use any 12v battery for your purpose. The BB is an awesome battery and will certainly get the job done, but you could put a $75 Costco battery in there for the next 5 years and be $900 ahead. Also, the odds of a BB coming down in price is pretty good.

Nobody is saying a BB won't work. We are simply saying you're talking about buying a corvette for driving to the grocery store once and a while.

Last edited:
Back