diy solar

diy solar

SA15k pass-thru when powered down?

shazam

A curiosity question mostly.... One of the the strong points of the SA 15k is the 200A pass-thru for grid. I'm just curious if it continues to pass thru grid power to the load terminals if the SA on/off switch is turned off. Anybody had experience with this? It's probably an easy answer for some of you experienced folks! Thanks!

Jim

Haven't tried that, but the manual says the below in the trouble shooting section

Why is the LCD screen still on when the power button is off?
-
If PV or Grid power is connected, LCD stays on, but the inverter and loads are off

Haven't tried that, but the manual says the below in the trouble shooting section

Why is the LCD screen still on when the power button is off?
-
If PV or Grid power is connected, LCD stays on, but the inverter and loads are off
The manual????.... ? Good catch! I also see a blurb in the same area under 'Normal LED isn't on' that says 'Sol-Ark 8k is in pass-thru mode, only a grid connection'. (Leaving out the obvious '8k' cut-and-paste 'oops') That might to to indicate it does?...speculation, of course.

Jim

Does it know the difference between a fault where it shuts itself down or is deliberately turned off, verses an RSD shut down event?
I ask because passing through grid if it faults/turned off would be marvelous but if it has an RSD event it should shut off the output entirely.

Does it know the difference between a fault where it shuts itself down or is deliberately turned off, verses an RSD shut down event?
I ask because passing through grid if it faults/turned off would be marvelous but if it has an RSD event it should shut off the output entirely.
Great question!

I know that when I turned off my batteries to move the wiring to a busbar, it shut down my inverter and passthrough.

I don't have batteries, but pass through continues when I shut the 15K down. The screen shows OFF. When turning it back on it takes a minute or two to come back on.

Back