diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Conext Gateway and Smart Home

Nitr0

I recently installed a Schneider Conext SW4024 and I'm using their insight gateway. Does anyone know if there is a way to interface with it using Hubitat for automations. I'm specifically looking to do some of the following plus much more if I can access the gateway's API.

- Tell Hubitat that I'm on battery and to turn off specific devices within Hubitat.
- Hubitat to tell the SW4024 not to load shave today because it will be cloudy/raining/snowy

Those are the starting point that I really need to have working. I've configured Hubitat to tell me when some switches that aren't on my critical loads panel go offline. I also could have Sense monitor tell IFTTT to do similar things but Sense is crazy slow at telling me when its offline and I don't want an internet outage to cause things to power off.

I think @GXMnow had some limited success at using their API for other things, but if you can't connect you might be able to work around it such as using a current sensor on the inverter or battery to know it's active. If the conext trips a relay that might be the easiest way to know you're on battery.

I haven’t looked into the logic capabilities of the gateway, but the “26-pin-connector” on the gateway has multiple relay outputs and sense inputs. Those could easily be sensed or controlled with a multi-relay and/or contact closure zwave device.

Back