diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Conext Insight Home help please

hammick

About a year ago I removed my Combox and installed the Insight Home box on our offgrid system. I can remote configure/monitor from anywhere which is why I made the switch. However, Insight Home doesn't have near the amount of info the Combox had. For example I can't see whether my charge controllers are in bulk or float. Can't see the temperature sensor temp.

Anyway to see more info using Insight Home?

Also my Conext charge controllers used to mimic each other. I could change the bulk/float voltage on one and it would automatically populate to the other. I must have changed a setting because they don't mimic each other now.

I still have the Combox. If I put it back in the system will it show up as a device in Insight Home? If so I'll just put it back and use it for the info I need.

Thanks.

I don't have a Schneider charge controller, but I can easily see the charge stage and battery temp on my XW.
Is the firmware on your devices current? If not, maybe an update will help.

I think @pvdude has Schneider charge controllers

Screenshot_20240203-091158.png

Thanks. I am using Insight Cloud. Can I use Insight Local remotely?

If you have a VPN, sure. I don't often use cloud. I thought all the data was mirrored, my mistake.

I have some discontinued thing: "Conext™ Gateway 865-0329"
conext_gateway.png
Here is what one of the CC pages looks like:
mppt_cc.png

Works much the same LAN or WAN (cloud)

The screenshot is from insight local, can you share what you can see on insight cloud?
Yes I will post some pics. I was able to TeamView into our place and use Local to get into my system. Local shows all the info on my system same as shown above. Insight Cloud does allows remote configuration but doesn't show much info at all. It's really kind of a joke compared to Insight Local.

I'm trying to figure out why my charge controllers are not mimicking each other. When I use the SCP to make bulk and float voltage changes on one of my charge controllers the other changes automatically. Not working that way with either Insight Local or Insight Cloud. I have to change them both separately.

For example I can't see whether my charge controllers are in bulk or float. Can't see the temperature sensor temp.
What firmware version on your insight and MPPTs? This info is available on the status screen for the charge controllers (assuming they are Schnieder branded). *Edit* nevermind, I see you are asking about insight cloud. I only use insight cloud to see charts over time. I don't use it for anything "real time" not for config changes. I much prefer insight local for those things.

What firmware version on your insight and MPPTs? This info is available on the status screen for the charge controllers (assuming they are Schnieder branded). *Edit* nevermind, I see you are asking about insight cloud. I only use insight cloud to see charts over time. I don't use it for anything "real time" not for config changes. I much prefer insight local for those things.
Thanks. Unfortunately being 1,200 miles away from our equipment Insight Cloud is the quickest way to make changes. I have to Teamview into my remote computer to use Insight Local. We have T-mobile home internet at our off grid place and there is zero configuration so a VPN is pretty much impossilbe.

Wow, the insight cloud mobile site is nothing compared to that. Sorry it doesn't have what you need, but at least your on a computer, not a phone.

I have an idea that might help...
On your internet router, create a Port Forward rule with an arbitrary port number you can remember, and in the Forwarding rule have it point to the IP of the Insight and translate to SSL port 443. (You can set the Insight to a Static IP Address, and I always prefer ethernet over WiFi when possible.)

You can use a dynamic DNS service if you've got an ISP IP that constantly changes, otherwise go to ipchicken.com at the location to get the public IP of your router, and use https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:nnnn where "n" is your chosen port number externally.

Goes without saying, if opening up Insight to the outside, even using an obscure port number, make sure you have really good passwords for Admin, User, and Guest.

I have an idea that might help...
On your internet router, create a Port Forward rule with an arbitrary port number you can remember, and in the Forwarding rule have it point to the IP of the Insight and translate to SSL port 443. (You can set the Insight to a Static IP Address, and I always prefer ethernet over WiFi when possible.)

You can use a dynamic DNS service if you've got an ISP IP that constantly changes, otherwise go to ipchicken.com at the location to get the public IP of your router, and use https://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:nnnn where "n" is your chosen port number externally.

Goes without saying, if opening up Insight to the outside, even using an obscure port number, make sure you have really good passwords for Admin, User, and Guest.
I wouldn't trust the insight to be publicly exposed like that, personally. That said, the OP also mentioned using tmobile home internet, and apparent;y it has no configuration that would allow him to port forward to a VPN server, so I doubt it could port forward web traffic either.

Thanks guys. A couple years ago I spent more time than I care to admit trying to get a VPN working with Tmobile Home Internet. I gave up and bought a mini PC and installed it next to my solar equipment. I use TeamViewer to get into the computer then I can access Insight Local and my Orion BMS if needed.

At least Insight Cloud allows me to change the charging voltages without having to remote in to my system.

Now I need to figure out why my Conext MPPT-100 and MPPT 60-150 don't mimic each other when I change the setting using Insight Local or Cloud. They do when I'm present changing things with the SCP.

Back