diy solar

diy solar

Schneider insight home password reset help

Urge38

If I ever meet the Man Schneider, God help him

they don't make it easy, why this bloody insight home and logging in to web pages etc etc

A simple cable and a app will do, or Do they simply want our information ????

So I was happily logged into my insight home the other day for the first time,
I have waited so long to get my hands on a insight home as I live in the uk and we are not well looked after as you guys are.

so I was logged in, I had other things to do, so logged off, turned off the inverter and the batteries and done other stuff.

so I try and log in today, silly me forgot to find my insight home on my Wi-Fi and simply tried to log in via the ip address.
realised what I needed to do, opened my wi fi search, found insight home, paired up, opened the ip page 192.168.00.1
schenider paged pops up, I type my log in password, and thats were I am at

Some thing is not happy, as I get the wrong password box pop up, only it is NOT wrong, as I wrote it down and I have logged on with that password before.

So me tried to reset the insight home with a long 12 sec press but no different.

It wont recognise my password nor will it let me reset it with the re set button,

I am stuck and not happy

Got no where with the same admin account

started a new account under user and it worked

for some reason my password linked to my admin account was not having it

cant for the hell of me understand why but switching to a different account name (ie user) and starting again worked

hope this helps anyone who ever gets this problem

OMG

Dont listen to me lol

yes I am in, but only as a user, cant do as much as I could as Admin.

how do I recover my admin password ???

I'm stuck on an island....1 hour boat and 3 hour drive back to the office. Locked out of InsightHome. long pressing the reset button does not work. these imbeciles are not answering the phone. this is ridiculous!

I'm using the older ComBox so not sure if this is relevant. I believe you may need to unplug all power to the Insight, wait then hold the reset button while restoring power. In any case you are looking to completely reset the Insight back to factory default settings not just reboot it. At that point the admin password should be reset also. I'll check the Insight manual again, didn't see anything during a quick look before responding.

Having a similar problem myself. Work travel has me in a different State and all of a sudden my admin password doesn't work. User is OK but as you discovered none of the set up menus are available.

Back