diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Conext XW config

Urge38

Hi People

just working my way through my system

Finally got my unit up and running.

BUT from what it seems, there is little to nothing I can do via the control panel except turn the unit on and off

how are you guys setting paramotors on your Connect

I am wanting to now add a Gen as the source of input power, and I want to tell the Scheider how big the Gen is etc etc

its there a way to connect a laptop etc ??

I saw a

Conext SCP: Solar System Control Panel​

and have been told I can do it via a laptop if I had the program.

just wanted to find out the best way, either laptop and software or a extra control panel

does anyone own a Schneider conext on here ???

The SCP doesn't fully integrate with the pro. It does with the +.

Yes you can connect to pc but you need the config tool (865-1155-01)which is just as expensive. Again the insight is the way to go with the promodel

And yes I own an xw

The SCP doesn't fully integrate with the pro. It does with the +.

Yes you can connect to pc but you need the config tool (865-1155-01)which is just as expensive. Again the insight is the way to go with the promodel

And yes I own an xw

Thanks kennyb

I have the lesser conext + (not the pro)

would I still be better off with the insight home of just the SCP ??

It depends on your goals. I like being able to login on my network and check status. Can't do that with the scp.

The SCP will do all the programming though.

I ran into an issue with the xw+ that certain variables weren't present on the combox, but we're on the SCP. Lithium related. So I have both.

A gateway or combox or insight will allow various remote monitoring options as well as programming (with the caveat about the variables on the combox) The gateway and the combox would be eBay finds

The attached is the combox interface. I find it handy

Screenshot_20230608-130705_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230608-130824_Chrome.jpg

I am building a off grid system, No internet access 24/7 only via my mobile phone when I am there,

hence my first choice of just using the SCP

might you be able to point me in the direction of what the default charging settings are for my Conect xw + ???

I am reluctant to tie it into the grid at my home address (it will be getting moved soon to the off grid site) as I dont know what charging paramotors the conext has Stright out off the box

Hi People

just working my way through my system

Finally got my unit up and running.

BUT from what it seems, there is little to nothing I can do via the control panel except turn the unit on and off

how are you guys setting paramotors on your Connect

I am wanting to now add a Gen as the source of input power, and I want to tell the Scheider how big the Gen is etc etc

its there a way to connect a laptop etc ??
I have an Insight Home. Pretty sure you can do any configuration through it.

I am building a off grid system, No internet access 24/7 only via my mobile phone when I am there,

might you be able to point me in the direction of what the default charging settings are for my Conect xw + ???

I am reluctant to tie it into the grid at my home address (it will be getting moved soon to the off grid site) as I dont know what charging paramotors the conext has Stright out off the box
The InsightHome has a local direct wifi connection.

I will look into a insight home, thanks.

other than that, I will just use the schneider as a idiot inverter, no charger.

and get something like the EG4 chargeverter

I don't have the manual on me,but if I recall, the default values are listed in there.

I think the default values are for leadacid and 48v nominal. I'll have a look around tomorrow to be sure and get back to you.

The combox and scp are both discontinued. Insight home is your best choice. Supposedly there will be a replacement scp released soon. The config tool is easier to do setup on but doesn't provide the monitoring ability of the Insight.

The combox and scp are both discontinued. Insight home is your best choice. Supposedly there will be a replacement scp released soon. The config tool is easier to do setup on but doesn't provide the monitoring ability of the Insight.

I am struggling to find a uk seller with stock of the insight home

How well does the Schneider charge a lithium battery??

As mentioned, my other option might be a chargeverter from EG4 but again, no uk dealers and I would doubt that EG4 does a European chargeverter for our uk htz

At least with the insight home they won't be a issue with European or none European I guess as its takes its power from the inverter right ??

I am struggling to find a uk seller with stock of the insight home

How well does the Schneider charge a lithium battery??

As mentioned, my other option might be a chargeverter from EG4 but again, no uk dealers and I would doubt that EG4 does a European chargeverter for our uk htz

At least with the insight home they won't be a issue with European or none European I guess as its takes its power from the inverter right ??

This might be worth a look talking about charging LiFePo4

This might be worth a look talking about charging LiFePo4

Thanks SamG340

Back