diy solar

diy solar

Schneider Conext XW

Been finding lately that the mppt60 will bring batteries to about 95% after sun up. Then as the day drifts on, the xw6848 pro and sell allows the batteries to drift down to 70% and no better. I reboot the devices and it comes back at 90%.

Just killed xw6848 pro unit. mppt60 went to 2800w directly into batteries. xw comes back and lets mppt60 top off batteries, like it should. We'll see if xw behaves now

A cold reboot of the xw inverter has for now, corrected the problem. But it has returned every day for 4 days now.
Battery at nearly 100% now from mppt60 top off, and xw is regulating the Sell so as to properly float batteries. Again its been dragging cells down to 70% and lower all day long.

keepsake,

Start your own thread, and then post screen shots of the battery summary and the MPPT60 production on a good day and a bad day. Maybe we can see something in the data.

I sent this off to a S/E engineer.

Is there a way to adjust the calibration of values on the xw6848 pro ?

Pro says battery voltage at night, no current flowing anywhere is: 57.87 v and 57.9 v

mppt60 says 57.1 v

I read on my external voltmeter 57.1 volts

Both my BMS units say its 57.13 and 57.23 v

There must be a correction table or value within the 6848. How do I correct this discrepancy ?

George

Reply was ...

Hi George,
XW Pro DC voltage will read high under certain conditions. This is because the voltage accuracy can be affected depending on whether the unit is charging or inverting.
There is no way to calibrate DC voltage. I recommend using Battery Monitor (or a compatible battery) for an accurate voltage reading.
Eric

To: S/E
This came up before I think. Maybe its changed by now.
Is there a way to backup and save a devices settings ?
I don't mean the Insight backup. Unless the Insight saves stores ALL the voltage and parameter settings on each device.
George
-- and then response
Only Config Tool has the ability to save device configuration.
We are going to add this capability to InsightLocal in the future.
Eric

It's almost like they don't listen and just hear what they want to. I'd hate to be on the receiving end of their tech support calls/emails.
So true.

I run into that with my work as well. I have people ask me loaded questions where they lead with the answer they want. And when you try to tell them no, they keep asking in different ways to try and get that answer they want yet again.

I don't want to start a new thread just yet ...

Today -- XW is slowly draining my batteries. mppt60 is pushing 2300w. When I disconnect the grid, I expect to see mppt60 resume battery charging which it does. But mppt60 rapidly drops its output from 2300w to 900w over 3 minutes. Batteries are not topped off, only up to 82%. So why can't I expect mppt60 to keep the 2300w running into batteries ? As soon as sell-to-grid kicks in again, mppt is up to 2400w.

Inverter is waiting for mppt60 to say charged enough, no sell yet. So energy is being lost. Down to 650w. This should be time when energy is full and shared between sell and charge. This has never worked right since my xw4548 was in play.

Rebooted both devices. Now mppt60 is at 2700w, not the 550w it had deterioated to.

What gets me is when a reboot fixes an issue, the device has gone 'sick' during the previous 24 hour runtime. And I have no way of telling where or what is causing this. It's is 'last century' technology to have to 'reboot' every day !!

And I find that at times (like right now) the XW limits my charge current and won't let me raise it, stuck at 11 amps. It ignores any higher value. So I try the Standby and then Operating toggle. Still 11 amps. Until I reboot the XW -- then it comes up at the 32 amps.
This is just plain BAD CODE.

I had that happen once. It was either old firmware or the modbus commands I was sending. I can't remember which.

I wouldn't jump to blaming the firmware. You won't share your settings before rushing to blame someone else.

I have no problem sharing settings. But doing so is major tedious. If you think I can just take a photo of the page I can do that. But one cannot copy and paste settings.

Recharge Voltage

V
Recharge SOC

%
Recharge SOC Delay

s
Charge Block Start
:AM
Charge Block Stop

:AM

this

Attachments