diy solar

diy solar

Schneider XW Pro 6848 Fault code F01

cwinward

I have 3 Schneider XW Pro 6848 inverters that I have configured for 3-phase power operation. Currently When powering the system one of the inverters throws a fault code F01 indicating "Low AC output voltage" and then all three inverters stop inverting. Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

It is a new install. It worked for a while when connecting a 3-phase motor and running it for a few minutes and then the F01 fault that never goes away.

Are you seeing that fault with the output breakers open? No loads connected? Have you measured the output voltage?

Are you seeing that fault with the output breakers open? No loads connected? Have you measured the output voltage?
Yes, the output breakers are open with no load. When they first come on line and the inverters are working momentarily it only measures 5.5 Vac and the other two interters are measuring 117 Vac then the F01 fault is thrown and the inversion shuts down in all three inverters.

117 vac from what two test points?
Phase to phase voltage checks are important on a 3-phase system.
I'm not familiar with the communication wiring needed for a 3 phase set up, isn't there some sort of reference wiring needed for all 3 to since up?
Also check your neutral connection on the faulting inverter.

Yes, I understand that. The voltage was measured from the neutral to each leg. I also took the inverter that was throwing the fault F01 out of the 3-phase network and reconfigured into single 120 Vac mode and it still throws the fault F01. When it is in 120Vac mode the inverter turns on momentarily and the voltage still only measures 5.5Vac before the fault F01 is thrown and the inverter shuts down after trying to operate a couple more times.

Have you tried resetting to factory settings?
Outside of that, if it can't even output voltage in single phase mode, I'd say it's time to call Schneider or your vendor and discuss their troubleshooting requirements and warranty process. Schneider may have some more involved checks than I can think of here, but seems like it died.

Yes, I have tried to factory resetting and even reloading the latest firmware. To be honest with you this is the 2nd inverter that has thrown this fault. Schneider and the Vendor honored the warranty on the first one and replaced it but, their engineering support has been less than stellar. I was hoping that someone on this forum has seen this before and had a work around before I had to tear the system down again and send it back. Thanks for your help though.

That's odd, these units are pretty well known for being tanks. Seems odd you'd have two failures.
Sorry to hear that

Want to go over the physical changes required to convert a Split-Phase XW Pro to Single-Phase in preparation for 3-Phase mode.

Internally:
On upper connector, X2 moves from Neutral to L2 and a Jumper is placed across Neutral and L2.
On lower connector, X3 moves from Neutral to L1.
1695759279492.png
AC Connectors:
Jumpers between Neutral and L2 are installed for Load, AC1, and AC2.
Neutral to PDP Neutral busbar is attached to AC1 Neutral
1695759624081.png

The AC Sync RJ-45 connectors are using to chain all three inverters together with ethernet cables. (No terminators)
Xanbus RJ-45 connectors chain together with ethernet cables. The first and last device on Xanbus require terminators to be installed in the open port, with the exception of internally-terminated devices like Insight Home.

Once that's done the XW Pros can be energized in standby and configured to 3-Phase Mode Primary/Secondary/Secondary in each the three inverters.

Since you said you had it running I could presume all that was handled, but double-checking those changes and jumpers would be where I started if I was fixing it.

Back