diy solar

diy solar

Schneider XW6848 Inverter/Charger + accessories for sale

twistedtree

I just removed this inverter as part of a large upgrade. It's a 2017 Schneider XW6848 Inverter charger, 6800VA, 48V, 120/240 split phase for north american power systems. It's been running nonstop since installation in 2017 powering my off grid home.

Also available is an SCP control panel, a Conect Combox, and MPPT 150/60 solar charge controller, and two AGS generator auto start controllers.

Asking prices are:

XW6848 $1000
SCP $100
AGS $50
MPPT $100

Local pickup or meetup greatly preferred vs shipping. Located in central Vermont, and I'm open to driving for a meetup somewhere.

Holy hell. If you weren’t 2500 miles away I’d drive there right now. This is a steal.
I’d ask about shipping but it’d probably cost as much as the item

Do you have any pictures of the install or components?

I'll pay to ship the MPPT, if you'll sell it separately.

I will be making a cross country road trip in Feb and could possibly meet/handoff along the way if it's not too much or a detour. Send me a private message if interested in exploring further.

I will be making a cross country road trip in Feb and could possibly meet/handoff along the way if it's not too much or a detour. Send me a private message if interested in exploring further.
Pm’d

I just removed this inverter as part of a large upgrade. It's a 2017 Schneider XW6848 Inverter charger, 6800VA, 48V, 120/240 split phase for north american power systems. It's been running nonstop since installation in 2017 powering my off grid home.

Also available is an SCP control panel, a Conect Combox, and MPPT 150/60 solar charge controller, and two AGS generator auto start controllers.

Asking prices are:

XW6848 $1000
SCP $100
AGS $50
MPPT $100

Last edited:

Asking prices are:

XW6848 $1000
SCP $100
AGS $50
MPPT $100

Local pickup or meetup greatly preferred vs shipping. Located in central Vermont, and I'm open to driving for a meetup somewhere.

Just quoting this here for some records.. I bought this system.. Advertised as Xw+6848 turns out it is a xw6048.. Have emails to back it up.. Just posting for my reference as well as screenshot so it does not magically disapear... No action or contact with seller has been made yet.. My bad for not looking harder.. This xw6048 it is not even a + model. made in 2017 is probably not compatible with any lifepo4 setup or bms.. But I am a newbie and will have to do plenty more research.. Just disapointed, as I asked seller to be as specific as possible on what he was selling.. As we had to do a quick transaction at a midway point between us..
I'm fairly sure you can flash xw6848+ firmware onto a xw6048.

It is indeed not compatible with the gateway/InSite and closed loop BMS. But it will function perfectly in open loop with user set battery specifications.

@kennyb, thanks for the info above. I have an older XW6048, and had never heard that it could be updated to a 6848. I looked up your link above, and while the main info page says it is possible, under the referenced tech bulletin, they say: 'We do not support upgrading Conext XW firmware to Conext XW+ firmware onConext XW units, therefore we recommend installing the older Conext XWfirmware version on Conext XW+ units for system compatibility.'

They give no reason, or explain why it is not 'recommended', after saying on the first info page that you could do either upgrade 6048 to 6848, or downgrade 6848 to 6048, in a dual inverter configuration.

Kennyp, thank you for the reply. I jumped the gun here again with my post. I have the manuals here and they indeed have xw6048 on them. Drove out to where the inverter will be installed and it is indeed an XW+6848.. It is a schneider inverter with the older xantrex manuals that were for the 6048.
Strange but I believe the sale was legit as far as I can tell so far..
I will be starting a thread on what I can do exactly with a 2017 XW+6048 using what lifepo4 batteries and Bms will work with it.. Like you said it will probably be fine with the the custom battery menu and custom user settings that would work for modern lifepo4..
I will add the pics to the new thread

Thank you for the reply.

Last edited:
Back