diy solar

diy solar

Searching of low-power DC all-in-one solar UPS

Lugamodder

Hello there!
I am looking for a device that I don’t even know what to call it correctly - either a solar UPS or a solar controller.

The device is required to:
  • Load 12-24V DC, 20-60W (network equipment)
  • Charging the LiFePo4 battery from the 220 AC utility (when available) and from the solar panel when possible.
  • Powering the load from a battery when 220 AC utility is unavailable.
  • A solar+AC mixing charging\powering function would be desirable

Can anyone recommend such a device, if it even exists?

Small UPS's for backing up a PC have been around for as long as the PC.
They usually only provide 220v ac power for a fairly short time, but definitely long enough to save something you are working on.
Do a search on e-bay for "small UPS".
They are usually 220v input, 220v output, but you could probably connect directly onto the internal battery which is commonly a 12v sealed lead acid battery in the smaller cheaper units for 12v dc input and output.

Last edited:
Hello there!
I am looking for a device that I don’t even know what to call it correctly - either a solar UPS or a solar controller.

The device is required to:
  • Load 12-24V DC, 20-60W (network equipment)
  • Charging the LiFePo4 battery from the 220 AC utility (when available) and from the solar panel when possible.
  • Powering the load from a battery when 220 AC utility is unavailable.
  • A solar+AC mixing charging\powering function would be desirable

Can anyone recommend such a device, if it even exists?
60W is quite a small load. You may be able to get away with something like an ecoflow river 2 or Bluetti eb3a. Note that both of these have problems being used as a 24*7 UPS (they need to be cycled to empty then charged back up a few times to get the BMS to be accurate). Will you be able to manage that operation or is it completely unattended?

Back