diy solar

diy solar

Second Sw4048 not detected by combox

fasterski

Hi there,
I have been running mySe4048 for 5 years without glitches.
Recently foyng another unit still in box never used. Finally got it connected to a separate battery only to see if it works. I plan to have it configured as a backup. I have connected it to the existing xanbus yet it won’t be detected by combox. Combox does not see it yet when I use the standby or reboot it seems to be responding. I only connected it to the combos using same wires an it is properly terminated. Restarted , shutdown combox . Nothing. No sign off it. Is there a way to do some sort it factory reset or special way to add it to combox?

Update to the situation hoping someone has come across similar issue. It turns out that the inverter is sshowin under combox upload firmware tag as inc/chg uid 82839 bootloader mode. I thought it would be easy at this point by uploading a firmware and flashing it. It turns out that even after I upload firmware it does not show up in the pull down menu under the inverter. Has someone come across this? I have tried several different versions from my past updates and even downloaded a fresh copy.

I have no experience stacking these inverters (I just have one) but hopefully this helps :

I have no experience stacking these inverters (I just have one) but hopefully this helps :

Thanks for this I might need it in the future . I’m not planning doing this right now. The problem I face is that I can’t get the in better out of bootloader mode.

Update to the situation hoping someone has come across similar issue. It turns out that the inverter is sshowin under combox upload firmware tag as inc/chg uid 82839 bootloader mode. I thought it would be easy at this point by uploading a firmware and flashing it. It turns out that even after I upload firmware it does not show up in the pull down menu under the inverter. Has someone come across this? I have tried several different versions from my past updates and even downloaded a fresh copy.
Yes. I have fought with it a lot. Unfortunately I have no special advice.

Sometimes, providing the combox an external power source by the 12v barrel plug helps, if it's losing xanbus power provided by the device being upgraded. But I don't suspect that's happening in your case.

I have wondered whether two devices could clash by trying to use the same xanbus ID. Which you could test for by changing the main inverter's ID to 2 or 5 or something other than it's existing setting.

I have wondered whether two devices could clash by trying to use the same xanbus ID. Which you could test for by changing the main inverter's ID to 2 or 5 or something other than it's existing setting.
I have changed the ID of the existing SW. I have also disconnected it from the network just leaving the combos and new not working SW properly terminated and using tested cables.

Here is the video showing how it should work around minute mark 15:50.

Do you see how when he find the device in bootloader mode combox is being selective about which firmwares it offers in the dropdown? He's got many firmwares on his combox but only the applicable two are in the dropdown for the bootloader device.

That's how it should work, bootloader mode does report the model number. So I think your troubleshooting step is to try to reattempt the bootloader mode device discovery and get it to succeed with model number. Draining the caps (by waiting an hour or manually draining with a resistor like an incandescent bulb) to do a hard reset of the inverter, and then starting up the inverter while it's connected to an already powered on combox is the best next step in your situation I think.

I have changed the ID of the existing SW. I have also disconnected it from the network just leaving the combos and new not working SW properly terminated and using tested cables.
Oh and share a screenshot of the exact text you see for the device name of the bootloader mode inverter in the firmware update screen. When a device misreports its model number it can be tricked into accepting an update by renaming the firmware file. But careful before attempting this because that firmware file will stay on the combox and can cause confusion for yourself later.

Back