diy solar

diy solar

Semi-Portable Panels For 120v-500v Apollo 5k Input?

jeepin95

What are some good options for semi-portable panels that will give me the 120v minimum input voltage required for the Apollo 5k?

I've been bouncing back and forth between an Apollo 5k and a Delta Pro Ultra primarily as a backup power source for critical loads in our house. I've been leaning more towards the Apollo 5k and really the only reason I haven't moved forward is finding panels. The DPU has a minimum of 30v which is easy to find options for, but the 120v minimum on the Apollo is making it more difficult.

The Apollo or DPU would be in my attached garage next to the panel. My driveway and front yard would be where I would manually need to move panels to when they are needed. I don't have a way to permanently place panels at the moment which is why I need something semi-portable. They would be stored in the garage then moved into location as necessary. I would probably need 50-75' of wire to connect them to the unit near the main panel.

There aren't any "portable" panel setups that seemed to be designed for higher voltages so I will probably need to build something. I'll need to connect multiple in series, just trying to find the best option that makes them easier to move within the requirements.

Note at this point I'm looking for something that will get it charging and be in the 400W+ output, I don't need a huge amount of output. Ideally they would be expandable in the future.

Thanks

Back