diy solar

diy solar

Seplos BMS v3.0 SOC problem

PaulFraser

Short story is that my month-old BMS, though the SOC has been set a few times, can’t seem to remember where the bottom of the range is.
Recently, after a firmware upgrade (v1.30) supposed to cure the problem, my installer used the AGM mode on my Sunsynk inverter to recalibrate. Subsequently, after a full 16kWh recharge from around 46V, the subsequent discharge was only 7kWh to 10% SOC and 52.3V. Recharged again last night to full (took ~7kW) and then discharged another 7kW overnight to 10% SOC where it is sitting now (at around 53V). BTW, there seems to be a 10% SOC or 52V trigger that causes a slight recharge before it stops.
Anyone have any ideas why this BMS appears to be unable to remain calibrated/remember where 0 is?

Attachments

• IMG_1883.png
    IMG_1883.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1884.png
    IMG_1884.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 13
are you sure its not the settings on the Sunsynk that are causing the problem.....? do you have photos of the sunsynk charge settings ?

What is your low voltage voltage parameters?

Did you do a full calibrate as seplos descripe?
  1. Charge to 100% (high voltage shut-off)
  2. Discharge to it Cuts off (low voltage shut-off)
  3. Charge to minimum 50%
This procedure should according to Seplos calibrate the capasity of the battery.
You have to charge & discharge in AGM mode, as the "deye" inverter will shut off before it hits the low voltage protection.

hi Paul , my Sofar ME3000-SP is exactly the same as yours 52v at 10% only taking about 6-7 out of the 14 - should be charging 12-13 really.
Did you get anywher on this?

Back