diy solar

diy solar

Seplos CAN BUS RS485 48v 200A 8S-16S BMS

Seplos can use can or rs485. Just a different configuration for the cable. Same port. It’s labelled can/rs485
Not entirely true. They have to program it to work with RS485. A few of us have bought them specifically for RS485.

Not entirely true. They have to program it to work with RS485. A few of us have bought them specifically for RS485.

Are you saying it's possible to have a CAN BUS board firmware updated or somehow converted to RS485 ?

I dont think they can be flashed, as it seems they are trying to get @Sanwizard to buy new ones instead.
I have two of the CAN boards I bought from a seller on Aliexpress. Trying to work out a buy RS485 / return CAN boards for refund.

There seems to be a decent enough amount of confusion with these boards that it would be in Seplos and the consumers interest to have them support both in some fashion. I was initially under the impression that it did support both until I started collecting more configuration information and realized I made a mistake.

I have two of the CAN boards I bought from a seller on Aliexpress. Trying to work out a buy RS485 / return CAN boards for refund.

There seems to be a decent enough amount of confusion with these boards that it would be in Seplos and the consumers interest to have them support both in some fashion. I was initially under the impression that it did support both until I started collecting more configuration information and realized I made a mistake.
I´m now really happy with my board, price-performance/function ratio is excellent on this board but i also had A LOT of questions and have 2 Whatsapp-Groups with technicians from Seplos ?

I will write them a summary with improvements in the manuals when i have time for that.
There are still 2 questions i have and then i can think i now all about it and how it works^^
I can write then a little summary/review then when you want.

Write an email to Seplos, they reply very quickly
I did send an email to Seplos. I was talking with one person and they referred me to another. I emailed the second person initially 4-5 days ago but haven't heard back. I also sent a follow up question yesterday but I'm waiting for a response.

In one of the threads here (forgot which one) someone had an interesting idea. If the CAN jack can't be firmware upgraded to support RS485, maybe the RS485 port that communicates with the computer can be configured to talk to the Inverter instead.

Ok so what you guys are saying is that even though the port on the boards are labelled canbus/rs485 they do not support them both on the same board? I have spoken to Link at Seplos and I really only tried Can communication and it works with my Rosen batteries

Ok so what you guys are saying is that even though the port on the boards are labelled canbus/rs485 they do not support them both on the same board? I have spoken to Link at Seplos and I really only tried Can communication and it works with my Rosen batteries

The port labeled CANBUS is the only port that communicates with the inverter. So if you have an inverter that supports RS485 you're SOL with a CAN board. The RS485 ports are only for computer access and linking BMS boards together.

Last edited:
But there are (were?) boards with RS485 communication to inverter because i got screenshots from an (older?) manual on whatsapp on where you could see the same pin-connection like it has the canbus and the series-number of my board has the ending "-10C", C stands for canbus.

that is what i explained to you before

But there are (were?) boards with RS485 communication to inverter because i got screenshots from an (older?) manual on whatsapp on where you could see the same pin-connection like it has the canbus and the series-number of my board has the ending "-10C", C stands for canbus.
10c is the CANBUS version
10d is the RS485 version

The port labeled CANBUS is the only port that communicates with the inverter. So if you have an inverter that supports RS485 you're SOL with a CAN board. The RS485 ports are only for computer access and linking BMS boards together.
What does “ SOL with a CAN board”? Link just told me the bird I have is RS485 even though it says Canbus. Need some clarification with you guys experience.

What does “ SOL with a CAN board”? Link just told me the bird I have is RS485 even though it says Canbus. Need some clarification with you guys experience.
again... i said before...

the PCB will have canbus printed above the port that is meant for inverter communication, but the sticker on the board will tell you which one you have.
10d is the RS485 version

the other RS485 ports are only to be used for multiple bms communication

again... i said before...

the PCB will have canbus printed above the port that is meant for inverter communication, but the sticker on the board will tell you which one you have.
10d is the RS485 version

the other RS485 ports are only to be used for multiple bms communication
Noted

Would anyone with a 10D mind posting an image of both sides of the PCB. Thanks.

i'll do you one better
top = 10d
bottom=10c

Attachments

• IMG_20220317_185605.jpg
    IMG_20220317_185605.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20220317_185531.jpg
    IMG_20220317_185531.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 91
Back